Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I hate the summer. Well, not so much the summer but the heat. I have had to be outside more than normal because I have to do stuff out in the parking lot or in Rocket Park, and I hate it. I finally know what "Sultry" means in reference to the weather. It's the kind of heat that wraps around you like a second skin made of hot water, making you sweat the second you walk out the door. I don't even want to discuss trying to get into the car. I'm almost positive that hell is only a little hotter than Alabama in the summer.

Yesterday I wrote a long and involved entry in my blog, but stupid me still hasn't gotten used to the old OS on my work Mac, and I deleted the whole thing. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, let me tell you. I had a long and complicated weekend, but I don't want to take the time to write the whole thing over, so I'll give you the highlights.
*Went shopping like a mad woman for clothes to wear to work. Now I have an abundance of "Career Casual" and I am so darned cute! Steve and I also went to dinner with a bunch of friends. The married couple are not getting along. Can we say, uncomfortable? Saturday I had planned to do so much, but my Harry Potter book came in and I ingored everything else. I finished it already and it is by far my favorite of them all. The end made me cry. I know the people in it aren't real, but I was helpless not to. I don't want to say why in case you haven't read it yet, though. I'll give it a couple of weeks. We also went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which was amazing. It was actually based on the book, so I think that's why I liked it so much. Besides, even when he looks weird, Johnny Depp is SO good looking. Heeheehee. Sunday was another church sandwhich. We also went to Decatur with Josh to eat at Steak and Shake. I wish they would build one of those in Huntsville. Yummers!*

I have a problem that both bothers me and makes me feel bad. There is a person I know (who will remain nameless) who hugs me every time they see me. Now, if you know me well, you know I normally love to be hugged. Probably more than the average person, even. However, this person who feels the need to hug me, I don't know that well. Maybe if I knew them better, I wouldn't be uncomfortable with the hugs. To be honest, I don't know why they even want to hug me. I AM awful huggable, I guess, but I don't do anything at all that says "Please, come into physical contact with me! PLEASE!" Once again, let me say again, I normally love to be hugged by friends and family. However, the afore mentioned hugs seem to be both obligitory and half hearted. Maybe if they didn't seem secretly repelled at the idea of hugging me, I wouldn't mind so much. Who knows? I've tried to deflect the hug, even, but it never works. I am too polite to ask them to stop because I know that somewhere down deep, this person feels they are being friendly and I don't want the hurt their feelings. Sigh. I never thought I would complain about being hugged. : P Don't worry, it isn't any of you who read this. Just FYI. : )

I spilled chicken noodle soup into my keyboard here at work. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have one of those psudeo-trendy translucent keyboards that came with the Macintoshes when the computer was new, and all I could see was chicken soup goo moving from one place to the other. However, I cleaned it out, so no worries there. My IT guy is going to LOVE this.

No comments: