Friday, May 18, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I have found a new substitute for crack, I swear. Fresh Market (God bless the yuppies, but not too much) sells this stuff called Crispy Fruit, which is basically freeze dried apricots, peaches, and pineapples. It's not like that gross dehydrated fruit that you buy at the grocery store because this has no moisture in it at all. It's like the space ice cream that is sold in the SpRocket gift shop, only healthy. I bought a pack of the dried pineapples and every time I eat a bag of them I get hyper. Maybe that's not a great thing, I don't know, but it's nice to feel awake without having to pump myself full of caffeine. I suggest you go and get some. Right now...go. Seriously.

2) Wow, that brings up a thought. How am I going to start the caffeine rehabilitation? I've been drinking so much of it to keep me awake for classes, and now I won't need it as much. Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if Betty Ford has a department for that.

3) Speaking of rehabilitation (see what I'm doing here?) I have found out the hard way that Zoloft is not a drug that one should just quit taking all of a sudden. Please don't get uncomfortable while I talk about being crazy, because I'm going to tell you about it. I was diagnosed with PMDD several months ago. Actually, I had to go to 2 different doctors because the first one wouldn't listen to me. Seriously, he just smiled and acted like it was normal to want to kill myself, have severe anxiety attacks, and wanting to beat people up with baguettes in the supermarket. I was a little concerned about feeling the way I did, so I went to another doctor who actually listened to me and he prescribed some lovely brain numbing drugs to help me out. Now, granted, I liked not having bouts of concentrated crazy every few weeks, but the drugs had a lot of side effects that I didn't like. One, I didn't like being so infernally sleepy. Two, I didn't like gaining weight for no reason. Three, I sometimes like to have variations in emotions, and the medicine was making that all but impossible. It was like "Wow, that's a great picture of your family" had the same effect as "Wow, I just cut off my thumb. Blood is a nice shade of red." So I decided to step back the pills, as was recommended, but apparently I didn't stop gradually enough. At first I thought I was getting the flu, because I just felt sick all of the time and everything in my body hurt. When that was over, I thought I was having heart problems because I would be sitting still doing something low stress and all of a sudden all of the blood in my body decided to rush to my head and pulse there for a second before going back to it's regularly scheduled business. I did some research and found out that the whole pulsing blood thing is normal when stopping Zoloft and it's called "Brain Shivers". It's basically a very intense, very brief vertigo that lasts about 5 seconds and then goes away. Friends, that is no fun. I would be walking along and SPLAT! fall against the wall, or stumble down stairs and other such drunken type of behavior. Granted, I'm not graceful, but that has been a lot of stumbling, even for me! I still have the brain shivers, and I still have periodic bouts of feeling...nuts, for want of a better word, but I know what it is now and can deal with it a lot better than I could before. Don't worry, I still have my pills in case I need to take them again, but I'd like to try and deal with life unadulterated for a while. I know that medicine like this is important, but I don't want to have to take it all of the time if I don't have to. Does that make sense?

4) This is so much fun! It's like origami on steroids! Of course, you need some scissors and glue, but you can make so many interesting things. I suggest you try it, it's very therapeutic!

5) My teeth are much better than they were after the YCOTD debacle. I should probably be more fair to the Godiva company and not curse the pecan thingie, it was actually very good. I probably also should mention that I was keeping them in my fridge, which didn't help the whole "being hard" situation. I will say, however, that I could do without the crispy rice in the thing. As much as I like things in my chocolate, I don't like crispy rice in it. I want my cereal to snap, crackle and pop, not my chocolate. Plus it just feels weird, and we all know that if it feels weird, I can't eat it. It's just my way.

6) OK, I need some guidance. Many people sent me money as a graduation gift, to both my delight and utter undeservedness. I am going to be donating some of it to a charity, but that is still going to leave me with enough to do something rewarding for myself. I am thinking about going to a spa which is not far away from my house. However, here is my issue. First off, the spa package includes a massage, a manicure and pedicure, a facial and things of that nature. Second off, I'd love to do this, just to see what it is like, BUT...I'm not too comfortable with someone I don't know rubbing me. Then there is the whole being ticklish thing, and I don't want to kick anyone in the face while they are painting my toenails. So I'm torn between wanting to try this stuff out, and not wanting to kick people and giggle while someone is rubbing me with hot stones (which, if you think about it, just sounds kind of weird in the first place). I need to either be talked into it or out of it. Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Run. Do not walk. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Run directly to the spa.

I'm really ticklish too, and I only have slight issues when I get pedicures. Usually they realize what's going on, and take steps to avoid it. Or, tell them up front. I've never kicked anyone.

As for strangers rubbing on you...go with a woman, not a guy. Trust me, after about 5 minutes you'll be melted into a puddle and won't care.

Go! Go now!!!