Monday, February 01, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

(I'm beginning to think I should rename my blog that.)

1) Last week I picked up a travel sized bottle of a shampoo I'd never heard of. BioSilk or something like that. I like to try new stuff, so why not, right? The shampoo is amazing. It must be made with unicorn tears and mermaid scales or something because it does things that shouldn't be possible with coarse, heavy, stick-straight hair like mine. I have more bad hair days than good these days (which is why I've started wearing hats more often) so I decided to go and buy a whole bottle of the miracle shampoo! When I found it on a shelf, a mid-sized bottle cost about $42. FOURTY-TWO DOLLARS! Now I know for certain that it's made from unicorn tears and mermaid scales because I can't imagine any earthly ingredients that could justify shampoo costing that much. However, after seeing my hair this morning, I'm tempted. So help me, I'm tempted...

2) The two best songs to listen to while working out are: Jai Ho, from the Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack and Rubberneckin' (Paul Oakenfold Remix), which I got from the Fred Clause Soundtrack. Worst Songs: Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy, by Big & Rich (I think) and So Long & Thanks for All the Fish, from the most recent Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie. Just FYI.

3) I was listening to the Rubberneckin' song when I wrote #3, and I had to stop and chair dance. It's just THAT good. Now I'm listening to my theme song. Good stuff.

4) Steve's been watching old school Dr. Who episodes lately and I think it's slowly killing my will to live. I love the new Dr. Who, but the old ones are not so great. At least he's watching the Tom Baker ones, because I kind of like the Fourth Doctor. He's unsettling. I think it's mostly the bad special effects (seriously, bubble wrap looks like bubble wrap and isn't scary) that do it for me. Almost all of their monsters look like something I could make out of scraps from my office. If you watch closely, every time they need to show a rocket taking off, they show the footage of the Saturn V launching. This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so familliar with it, I guess, but it's hard to believe that the Sontaran race has a NASA on their planet. Takes me right out of the story, it does. :)

5) So long and thanks for all the fish!

2 comments:

amy said...

I'm taking those recommendations for my workout playlist. But what's wrong with Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy? ;)

Actually, for some reason I find "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks to be wonderfully empowering.

amy said...

Oh, just listened to Jai Ho. I think you're right. It's almost a march!