Thursday, May 17, 2018

OOPS

Years ago, when I still worked at the Sprocket (ptooey) one of the first non-science movies we showed at the IMAX was one of the Spider Man films.  It was also the first movie they let me decorate the theater lobby for, so I went all out and strung white string all over everything, created a big spider web in the center of the balcony, and I even opened the Darth Vader costume that we kept on a dummy in a sealed display case and tied its hands together and added a note that it was "Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man."  I was clever.  You know this.

Darth's hands were fisted on his hips, in a way I'm sure anyone would recognize from pictures of him from the movies.  He was in a total power stance, so I had to pull his hands off of his hips to tie them together.  No big deal.  I didn't unbend his arms or anything, just pulled them off of his hips and loosely tied them in front him.  Everyone thought it was funny.

The problem is that someone else cleaned up the lobby.  They opened up the case, removed the ties, and closed the case again without replacing his fists on his hips, so his hands remained bent, but slightly in front of him, as if he was flexing his biceps.  At the time, I kept meaning to reopen the case and fix him, but I got busy and completely forgot to do it.

I just saw a picture of the suit in the case and his fists are still off of his hips.  Ol' Darth is still flexing those biceps 11 years later.  I wish someone would fix it, but I don't know if anyone else notices.  It looks stupid like that. 

Oh, well.

via GIPHY

No comments: