Friday, August 14, 2020

SO WEIRD!

As anyone who's been around me a while knows, I always have very vivid dreams. I dream every night and I usually dream in such a way that I remember what I dream about, for a while anyways. I love dreaming. Granted, not every dream is good, or even interesting, but at least I don't get too bored while I sleep.

Steve, on the other hand, doesn't dream very often, or at least he hardly ever remembers his dreams. I think I probably irritate him by telling him my weird ass dreams, and asking him about his own, because I don't think dreams matter much to him. That's not a terrible thing, except when I want to talk about them! Heehee

Anyways, last night I had two dreams. The first one isn't the important one, but the second one is the weird one. It's not even weird because of the subject matter, but...well, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I dreamed that Steve and I were supposed to meet Josh to have drinks in the restaurant of a hotel. We decided to get a room at the hotel so we wouldn't be late and miss Josh before he had to leave town, so we spent some time (Shut up, it isn't that kind of dream. Perv.) sitting and talking in the room before we went downstairs. Since we were staying at the hotel, I left my purse, my shoes, room key and my other stuff in the room so I didn't have to keep up with them. We had our drinks, said goodbye, and walked back towards the lobby of the hotel. The lobby was attached to a mall (?) and so while I was standing in the edge of the hallway looking into the mall, Steve turned and walked out the front doors. He didn't say anything to me, so I stood there for a long time waiting for him to come back. He never did. So I panicked and ran to one of the stores in the mall to ask if I could find a phone to call him to come and get me, but I couldn't remember his number. So I was stranded, barefoot, with no money and no way to get back into the room. I was mad about it! There was more, but that was the gist.

So I woke up and told Steve about the dream. He gave me a weird look and said "I dreamed I left you in a hotel so I could go and fill the car with gas before we had to go home. I realized I didn't tell you where I was going, so I called to tell you and you got mad at me."

We have not talked about traveling together recently, nor have we had an argument about anything remotely like that, but both of us had a dream, on the same night, that he left me in a hotel and didn't tell me where he was going, and I ended up getting mad about it! The fact that Steve hardly ever remembers his dreams, plus the fact that we had complimentary dreams about basically the same thing on the same night, that's weird, right? 

Well, I think it's weird. Pretty darn cool, but still weird. 


No comments: