Tuesday, February 15, 2022

WELL, SCHEISSE

OK, so I spoke too soon. Our trip to Germany has been officially cancelled. I found out on my birthday!*

Because so much is still in the air with COVID and vaccinations and different countries having different rules and people not wanting to get into big groups and etc and etc and etc...too many people cancelled their reservations for the trip and now there aren't enough people to make up the band. 

I'm disappointed, of course. I've been trying to learn German for three years in preparation for this trip. I went through the merry hell of getting my passport redone and I had even already bought some stuff for the journey, but alas, it was all for nothing. 

It's ok, though. I'm not mad about it. I get that people still aren't comfortable traveling, and I don't blame them for that. I can't even say that I'm totally surprised about it all being cancelled, all things considered. For all we know we'd get there, another variant would arise, and we'd be living there for two years while the world got locked down again. Hehe, that would be an interesting adventure, though, wouldn't it? Sitcom worthy, even!

I did want to see Germany, though. I want to see so much of the world, but unless it's the world showcase in EPCOT (EFFING SIGH), Steve doesn't care much about going to different countries. 

Oh well, maybe I can talk him into going someplace else at some point. It's rare we go places without an entourage, and as much as he complains about it, he doesn't like to take time off from his job, so it might not work. Would it be indecent of me to suggest we go someplace I want to go and he can just work from the hotel? I can entertain myself! He can shut himself in a room all day and I can have fun and do whatever I want! It's the perfect plan!

Ah well, we'll see. But there will be no German adventures this year! Maybe in a couple more years, all this virus nonsense will be in the rear view mirror and we can go on tour with the band again!

 I just hope all those German lessons pay off somehow!

*BTW, I had a nice birthday! It was very chill. I was kind of in a weird headspace for most of it, TBH. I felt kind of like I was waiting for a blow to fall, but honestly, I had no reason to feel that way, so I can't explain it. I went to work, went home, and watched TV. I slowly got older. Then I went to bed!

I got lots of wishes from Facebook, of course, and I heard from my most favorite people in the world, as well. I got a video from someone I love to bits, a plant I'll probably accidentally kill, gifts, cards and texts from friends and family. I'm truly more blessed than I deserve to be.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helen, Georgia... it's kinda like Germany, but you don't have to leave the US.