Monday, September 20, 2004

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Yes, it's that time again. Monday afternoon when I finally have time to tell you about my weekend. Aren't you excited?

Friday Steve and I went to dinner with his parents, to see them before they left on their trip. We had dinner and went back to their house to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. They also gave us the souviners that they picked up for us in Minnesota while they were there for a PSA convention. They are awesome people!

Saturday Steve and I had been invited to a wedding, so we went to the Chaple On the Mountain and saw Stephanie Avery (a girld Steve had worked with at Sci-Quest) and Lance Mclaughlin get married. It was a sweet wedding. It was held in a tiny chaple that might seat about 40 people (if that many) with big stained glassed windows. I kind of got the idea that something went wrong, though. When the bride came in, we stood- as one is supposed to do at that time- but the preacher never told us to sit. So here we are, all standing during the ceremony. I also noticed that the preacher never asked them to light their unity candle. The whole ceremony lasted 8 minutes. We went from there to the reception site, which was at the Botanical Gardens Pavillion, and it wasn't even set up when we got there. I felt so bad! I suppose they didn't realize that the wedding wouldn't last that long, so they were scrambling to get everything done. It ended up looking really nice, but the wind was blowing things around like crazy. We didn't get to stay for very long because a bee flew up Steve's pants and stung him twice on the leg!!! Can you believe it? I laughted my head off, but not because he got stung. Just the thought of the bee flying into his pants was enough to kill me. I have to give him credit, though, he didn't freak out. He calmly told me that he was going to the bathroom to check out the stings and he calmly walked out and said we needed to go. He's such a trooper! Later of that day we went on a picnic to Green Mountain Nature Trail and we also went shopping. I had bought the new Sims 2 game, and we had to replace the video card in my computer because it wouldn't support the graphics. That night we had dinner with the gang and then I came home while Steve went to a movie with Greg. It was a great day. Steve and I hardly get to spend any time with one another these days, so it was like going out on a date! ; )

Sunday was busy too. We had the Note Burning ceremony at church to celebrate paying off the mortgage, and we also had a meal that afternoon. Since I am part of the hostess committee, I was downstairs cooking and decorating like a fiend. We finally got everything put together and it turned out great. I also had to get the scrapbook and bring it home to put in my first entry! Yay!

Remember when weekends used to be restful? When do I get a weekend from my weekend?

No comments: