Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Random things going through my head when I should be working...

1) In the movie "Day After Tomorrow" something bothered me. Well, besides the obviously unreal premise of an ice age developing in 24 hours. What really bothered me was the fact that the people who stayed in the library were burning books, which as we all know are made of paper and vellum and burn rather quickly. However, it seemed to escape everyone who was gathering books to burn that there were literally hundreds of tables and chairs made of wood that would have made better fuel that lasted longer AND saved the rare books that they burned.

2) I think I have the flu.

3) My computer was new in 1998. I know this because it's registered to someone who was fired in 1999, and she had used it for a long while. The software I run has had at least 5 upgrades since it was published, and the OS has been upgraded to a completely different format than I currently have. I have to reboot my computer every time I plug the USB memory stick into the keyboard, and if I'm running two programs at the same time, and I get an e-mail, the computer freezes and I have to restart it. Now, think of all of this, and please tell me why they STILL haven't gotten that new computer that's been dangled in front of my face like the proverbial carrot for two months.

4) I was looking at some pictures of DragonCon on the internet, and I'm now fully convinced that all it is is a contest to see who can be the most naked in public without getting arrested. Also, I think I saw my art history teacher in a dominatrix outfit on the website. I might be wrong, but I'm certainly not going back to make sure. *Shudder*

5) Why is it that when I'm at church, the one song that never fails to get stuck in my head is the song "Shanty". It's a Jimmy Buffett-esque song about smoking marajuana that is played occasionally on the radio station I listen to. Needless to say, that isn't a song a southern Baptist church needs to have sung while I'm picking up the attendance records!

6) I bought a pair of pants from the GAP that I think were originally conceived as a cruel joke. I like to call them "Combination Lock" pants. Apparently, it's not enough to have a zipper and a button like most pairs of pants, OH NO! We have to have 2 hooks, a flappy thing, an inside button and a zipper. It's like breaking into Fort Knox whenever you have to go to the bathroom, not to mention the added obstacle of wearing a belt. I have to know an hour ahead of time when I've got to go to get everything unhooked. DRAT THE PANTS!

7) Speaking of the GAP, they also seem to have a whole lot of these "Ultra Low Rise" pants that are basically just the leg part of jeans. I believe in the west they are called "chaps". I don't know, maybe I'm just a little bitter that I'm not so dainty that I can wear these things, but when I go to school and see the girls who's pants don't come up far enough, it makes me want to buy an industrial strength container of butt crack spackle and seal them all up. Civilized people shouldn't have to deal with gratuitus butt cracks on a daily basis.

That is all, now back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#3
The Sprocket operates 1 year out. In other words, take the time they said you would recieve the computer, add a year and that is when you will see it happen. SP