Monday, February 12, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Greetings everyone! I hope you all had lovely weekends, as I did.

Friday I came home from work and crashed while Steve watched more Stargate SG1 and other various TV shows we had on the DVR. We might have even talked to each other, but I can't remember. I spent most of my evening playing Mah Jhong (is that even close?), trying to sew some patches onto Velcro for one of Steve's jackets and embroidering some napkins that I'm giving a friend of mine who is getting married in March. I'm begging again, no one else get married this year...PLEASE.
I'm actually getting pretty good at the embroidery, but it's tough on my eyes. Oh well, what more noble way of going blind than by sacrificing one's senses to your art? Nah, don't worry. I'm not that crazy yet. Give me a couple of years.

Saturday was another one of those days that I meant to get more done than I actually did. I managed to do laundry and run errands, but that is about where it ended. I wasn't feeling well, so I fell asleep. Steve was helping out with some stuff at the Space Dome, so I had just gotten up when he came home. Then he fell asleep. It was a most unproductive day! Quite honestly, I don't remember what else I did that day, but I'm sure it involved Stargate playing in the background. : )

Sunday was church, and then onto my parents house for lunch. It was a special lunch because it was my birthday lunch with my family. Well, almost all of my family. My brother-in-law didn't feel obligated to come, but that's okay. At least he didn't spend the whole meal jumping up from the table to see which NASCAR was in the lead, per his usual. Heeheehee. We had a good time. My mom made all kinds of wonderful, bad for me food and then the best part, the coconut birthday cake. YUMMMMM. I wish I could share a piece with you all, because you'd love it too! My nephew, Logan, who is twelve and starting to act his age, came over to my seat with a tub of Cool-Whip. He had a spoon full of it, so I thought he was going to either put it on my plate or feed it to me. Apparently, my spidey sense isn't as sharp as it used to be, owing to my advanced age, so I didn't suspect anything was amiss. I suppose that feeding it to me was the closest I had gotten in my own guess, because he not only stuck the spoon in my mouth, but he also smeared whipped cream all over my face, up my nose and in my right ear! I had a horrible flashback of a wedding I went to where the groom (the evil Hastared) smeared cake all over the bride. I was too shocked to react, and so was everyone else! I wanted to laugh, but I was afraid I'd snort cool-whip up my nose. It was too funny. I probably shouldn't have laughed, but other than the whipped cream up my nose, it was actually pretty funny! I'm such a bad influence! : ) Steve and I had to leave a little earlier than we normally would so I could get back to church to take the minutes for a sunday school teacher's meeting. I also sang last night. "Via Dolorosa" is a wonderful song, but I have the worst fear that I wasn't pronouncing any of the Spanish right! Of well, everyone seemed to like it. : ) After church, Steve and I got dinner and watched...no, not Stargate...Walk the Line. It bored me. Well, most of it did, anyways. The Pheonix formerly known as Leaf (mainly because I can't spell his real name) could really sing like Johnny Cash. I had never heard June Carter Cash sing, so I have no idea if Reece Witherspoon sounded anything like her, but I thought she did a good job anyways. Other than that, I was unimpressed. Sorry there, folks.

Well, that is it for my weekend! Don't forget that Wednesday is Valentine's day! Make sure to remember all of the people you love. Not that you should need a special day for that, but it at least gives you an excuse to buy them chocolate. :)

No comments: