Thursday, April 23, 2020

PROOF OF LIFE

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm still here.

My days consist of:

I. Work
    a. Church- Keeping the office going, paying bills, making videos.
    b. Cyber Security - Marketing Research and strategy

II.  Home
    a. TV - Been marathoning The Middle. It's delightful.
    b. Painting - Have slacked off lately, but need to get inspired because I miss it.
    c. Potato Plant* - Got weed whacked by a careless lawn maintenance guy.
    d. Cat - Napping with and petting.
    e. Eating - Too much and too often.
    f. Exercising - Not. I feel quite bad about this both mentally and physically. Considering spending
                           money on equipment because outside is full of pollen and migraines.
   g. Sleeping - Sometimes too much, sometimes not enough.

*I shouldn't be as upset about the stupid plant as I am. I recognize that, but y'all, it was my sanity project. I think we can all agree that things are weird right now, yeah? It started out as something kind of funny - I found an old potato, let's plant it and see what happens! - but it actually started growing! I was helping it live! I was weeding it and learning how to take care of it, and I figured that while everything else in the world was going to hell, I was keeping my stupid plant alive. It was a little thing, but it was MY thing.

I'm constantly worried about my friends and family right now. I lost my best friend three weeks ago, and everyday since I am afraid that someone else is going to get sick, or die of this awful virus, or something, and the world is going into an economic depression, and people are going hungry, and people are being awful to one another, and I have to wear a mask that restricts my breathing when I go out to buy bread, and our president is a crazy person. I can't even fucking HUG ANYONE!  So maybe my plant was just a way to focus on something that didn't seem scary.

But don't worry, otherwise I'm fine. The way I treat produce, I'm certain I'll lose another potato and it will sprout and I'll plant that one. In the meantime, I'll find something else to focus on.  It might be learning to give myself prison style tattoos, but I'll figure it out! Hehe

Hope you are doing well and staying safe! I hug you!


No comments: