Thursday, April 09, 2020

IS THIS STILL GOING ON?

Hello out there!

I'd love to talk about anything but quarantine, I genuinely would, but that is kind of all that is going on right now.

OK, full disclosure, I'm not always stuck at home. Turns out, I am considered essential. Like, the state of Alabama says that church workers are essential, so I'm still going into church. We've suspended pretty much everything we do with a few exceptions, so I'm focused on making sure the bills are paid, the staff is paid, and that we can publish two video sermons a week.  It's all very exciting, I can assure you! Hehe. The pastor has even started letting us do some funny stuff for the videos.  Oooh, and we ordered a green screen so we could set up a makeshift studio-esque area in one of the unused rooms. That should be interesting! But I'm going between church and home and that's mostly it. We have gone to the grocery store when we run out of milk and bread. OH! I also get to go to the mailbox!

Not very different from my everyday life, now that I think of it! Haha!

I've been painting and reading a lot. My watercolor attempts are a mixture of sad and not bad, but it's still relaxing and fun.  Steve has discovered the John Prine musical catalog, so we've been listening to that, and he plays video games at night.

I have begin to miss other people! I mean, I'm not a social butterfly in the best of times, but we did talk to other, non-work people occasionally. I have been requesting proof-of-life from Anthony every week to make sure he's still sane. I can really see him embracing the hermit way of life, but maybe it's just because he has the beard for it.  I stopped by my mom's on the way back from Athens the other day. Do you know how weird it is for me to visit my mom and not hug her?  She would have risked it, but I'm not taking any chances. I like my mom a great deal and I'm not going to possibly kill her if I can help it.  That's my usual philosophy, really.

How are you handling social distancing? I've seen on Facebook and Twitter that some of the cool kids have get togethers on Zoom/Hangout programs with their friends. I think that's neat. I don't really know enough people who know each other for that. Boo. The closest I've gotten was when a cousin of mine accidentally butt dialed some people who were in a group text, so I got to talk to my uncle for a second before it was over. Butt dials are always funny, though! I'm still emailing and messaging when I can, though!

But hey, we're doing the best we can in a very weird situation, and hopefully we'll come out on the other side and resume our lives and get things back to normal soon! I hope you're treating yourself well!

I Hug You!

No comments: