Thursday, March 25, 2021

BAD LANGUANGE! EXPLETIVES!

 DADGUMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About a month ago I was eating dinner and there was something hard in my food. The bite of food just so happened to hit right on the only crown I currently had in my mouth and it hurt so bad. SO BAD, YOU GUYS.

I thought that the pain would go away, and it did for a bit, but it came back and was persistent enough that I decided not to be stupid (like I was in 2006) and go ahead and go to the dentist in case I had cracked a tooth or something. Why? Because the last time I ignored a dental problem, for 2 years, I ended up getting a root canal which was horrible and which was the beginning of the shit year that was 2008. Granted, most of my problems that year were not because of my root canal, but the association is embedded in my head. 

SO...I go to the dentist and they tell me I have an infection (sorry if that's gross. It's not a, you know, festering mess, just a painful tooth) in my jaw and that I'd need to go see an endodontist and have it looked at. Why? WHY? Because it was the same effing tooth that had been root canal-ed and they might have to do something called a reversal, or maybe a retrieval, which means redoing the root canal. Why? I DON'T KNOW! Because my stupid tooth wasn't done giving me shit, I guess. 

Apparently it's just been waiting, watching, and biding it's time again. I've apologized to the tooth! I told it I was sorry for not taking it seriously back in the day. I've taken care of it, cleaned it, flossed it, given it fluoride, but for all intents and purposes, it has held a grudge this whole time!

So I go see the endodonist today, and yep, they are going to have to redo the root canal. They took pictures of my jaw bone and there the little pocket of misery was. Why did it happen? No one can explain it. All they can tell me is that they are going to have to drill into my mouth hole until they reach it and can fill it full of...cement...or whatever it is that they do. I told them I'd need nitrous or something, because I couldn't stand the idea of people leaning over me and breathing on my face, and so they agreed to that.

The kicker is that I have to wait until May before I can have it done, so my jaw is going to get worse before it can get better. They did say that if it gets very painful I can call them and hopefully get a sooner appointment for them to do horrible, yet helpful, things in my skull. I am so mad, I could spit.

The silver lining (and I'm determined to have one) is that they didn't mention maybe having to pull my tooth. I was scared of that. I mean, I don't have a lot going for me in the looks department, and I really hoped that being snaggletoothed will not be yet another strike against me in that category. Let's hope that the month and change I'm going to have to wait will not make an extraction necessary.

SIGH. OK, I think I may have ranted enough for today. I just needed to get that out of my system. Keep your fingers crossed that I get this done and this damn molar of mine will finally be content to just chew and allow me to smile with all the teeth I have. :)

Oh, and PS: Possible bad weather tonight. If anything happens to me remember that I like you a great deal. AVENGE ME!

No comments: