Saturday, January 21, 2006

I. Am. Ticked.

About a week ago, I made a significant purchase online. It was nothing important, but a purchace I had thought long and hard about, and was really excited about receiving. Since I'm all of 4 years old when it comes to getting things in the mail, I had been avidly tracking the package as it made it's way across country. The day arrived, yesterday, when the tracking website said that the package had been delivered, at 1:44pm and left by the front door. Woo-Hoo! I get home, and immediately I realize that the package isn't by the door. I wasn't too surprised, it was raining after all, but it also wasn't in the mailbox. There was also not a little slip of paper stating that the package had been returned to the shipping company because of the weather, to be picked up at my leisure. I immediately panic a little. As I said, it wasn't an important package, but I had spent quite a sum on it, and I couldn't help feeling as if I'd like to have a little something in return for my order. I went back to the computer, and found that I had made a mistake. When filling out my shipping information, I had somehow neglected to enter in all 4 of the numbers on my street address...only three. OK, I thought to myself, my bad...they must've taken it back to the shipping company when they couldn't find my address. So I do another track and NO, the package was delivered at 1:44 pm and left by the front door. Now, here is what is concerning me. No other street in town has the same name as my street. No house on my street has any less than 4 numbers in it's street address. As far as I know, my house is the only one with a 7 in it's street address, so even if they were going to leave the package at some random destination, it makes sense to leave it with the house with the most numbers in common with the address on the package, right? Not, apparently, according to the "Parcel Service" (which shall remain nameless for the moment). So I ask you, how do you leave a package by the front door of a house that doesn't exist? I have tried to find the information about the shipping hub here in Huntsville, but the number is unlisted. I called a "Parcel Service" store in town, and they even admitted that the information isn't published, probably because they don't want people like me calling and asking how their delivery people can apparently find a rip in the space-time continum and enter a parallel universe where this house exists. Now I am going to have to walk up the street and knock on the doors of people I don't know to ask if my package is there. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to go to the stupid hub, that Steve knows the location of, and see if they are even open today. I'd call, but OH YEAH- this "United" service doesn't feel that anyone should be able to contact them. Great customer service, by the way folks. Now, I can take part of the blame for not entering the correct address. That was all me. But what burns my scones is the fact that now the expensive package, that I've been waiting and watching all week to receive, is in someone elses hands, and who knows if they are going to decide to give it back to me!!!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some knocking on doors to do.

Hastared...service!!!!!!!!

No comments: