Tuesday, June 23, 2020

GAH

Hello everyone!

Ok, so there may only be one or two of you, but still, that constitutes an "everyone" doesn't it?

Look, don't argue semantics, alright?  Geez.

I'm just stopping by to tell you I'm still here. Kind of, anyway. Nothing of true interest has been happening lately, but not by choice. If I had my way, I'd be dressed in a big, poofy, sequined evening gown, walking four adorable corgis, while dancing down Jefferson Street accompanied by a marching band.

But, since it's Pride month, I'm afraid I'd get mistaken for a drag queen. Plus, where would I find a marching band right now?  SIGH.

Nah, I'm just a little blah at the moment. There's just so much ugly and scary stuff going on.

Each day feels like it weighs a thousand pounds and it's sitting on my shoulders. It's heavy and smothery and as oppressive as a humid southern summer day.  I do my best to stay away from what is going on, because it just feels like too much at times, but it seeps in, ya know?  One day I went to bed at 6:00 just so I wouldn't have to hear about anything anymore.

I hate to admit it, but I think the muggles have finally gotten me down. Probably not forever, but for now, yeah.

Weirdly, this doesn't feel like a depression setting in. It feels more like incessant noise, only you can't put your hands over your ears to keep it out. I even feel kind of like an jerk for complaining, but it seems like no matter what you're watching or reading (out in the world, at least) something bad is happening. It's...it's a lot.

The worst part is that most of it comes from people I know on social media. I had no idea I knew so many, and forgive me for being this blunt, assholes.  Honestly, otherwise lovely people are just being THE WORST right now. Surprisingly it isn't even just on one side of the political spectrum, it's on both! People are not being rational, or reasonable, and some are being racist, and some are being pig headed, and others are being willfully ignorant, and it's just overwhelming.

Stay off social media, you say? Well, if I wanted to be cut off from everyone I know, I could do that, of course. However, since I can't see people, or go out for lunch, or stop for a chat or any other kinds of social interactions at the moment with people I really want to see, social media is kind of my only way to do that.

Sorry, this is not a "Feel bad for me" post, because I'm sure a lot of people feel like I do right now. It's just a state of the union, if you will.

I wish I could see my friends. I wish I could hug people. There are some people I want to punch in the face and some I want to kiss right on the mouth. It's a weird time, is what I'm saying, so I feel very weird right now.

At any rate, I hope you (whoever you may be) are doing well and not letting the muggles get YOU down.  Have a great day!

No comments: