Friday, February 04, 2005

The Bemusement Park

That's my I'm-Too-Lazy-To-Erase-My-Link link for today. It's actually a good read, and the guy who writes it is hilarious. I had to bookmark after the first time I read it.

Anyways.

I'm prompted to write this morning because of a conversation we had going on in the office a minute ago. We were talking about Valentine's Day. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I hate Valentines Day.

*20 Minutes Later*
I actually had a long post explaining why I hate Val. Day. But I'm not in the mood to sound whiny, so I'll just have a quick rant. Here is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version.

A note beforehand - this is not because of something Steve did or didn't do. I've hated Val. Day since long before I met him.*

Rant

I don't approve of a holiday where people feel obligated to have a significant other and I hate that there are people out there who get depressed because they don't have one. I hate that some people think that if they don't get expensive gifts or are not taken on some wildly elaborate date that the person they are with doesn't love them enough. I hate that there are women who EXPECT to get proposed to on that day. I think that if people love one another, they don't need a special day to prove it, and they certainly don't need to buy diamonds or flowers or whatever to prove it either.

However, if there is one thing that doesn't completely suck about Val. Day it's something that can be summed up with one word. Chocolate.

/Rant

No comments: