Sunday, February 13, 2005

HE'S HERE, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA....

That movie was wonderful! It had been so long since I'd seen the play that I forgot how great it all was! Although I still prefer the original cast recording of the music, all of the songs were well done and the whole spectacle of the thing was amazing. The Phantom was a little unusual for my taste, though. He sounded more like the lead singer for a metal band than an opera singer, but he was still good. I know that the story calls for the man to be disfigured (hence the mask) but seriously, when she pulled off his mask and everyone screams and whatever, all I could think of was that I've had pimples worse than what he looked like. He wasn't bad at all. Had he not been completely insane, he wouldn't have been too bad for Christine at all. : ) Raul was a cutie, too! All in all, I really and truly enjoyed it. I'll have to go out and get the sound track that I used to have. If I have one complaint, I'd have to say that there was too many...um, how can I say this delicately. Too many partially exposed bosoms in the movie. I now know what it must be like to be a short guy at the prom. If it had been in slow motion, it would have been like a Victorian era Baywatch! Anyways, I give it two thumbs up.

No comments: