Wednesday, January 16, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Do you know what this is?
This is a Lego Nazi. Well, it doesn't have insignia on it or anything, but it is a soldier from an Indiana Jones Lego set from the movie "Last Crusade" and in the movie, the soldier chasing both Indy and his dad was a Nazi.

I just thought that was kind of weird. Maybe not as weird as having a Lego set at our age, but suck it, Indiana Jones is awesome.

We also have a tiny little Lego Harrison Ford and a Lego Sean Connery to go along with the Lego Nazi!





2) Yay! I found out yesterday that a friend of mine will be working in the media room during the Davidson Center grand openeing! Brian will be there to show streaming video of the lighting of the Saturn V for al.com! Someone who doesn't actually work with me finally gets to see how sexy I look in a blue flight suit! Oy vey.

3) My back has almost gotten back to normal, thank you very much. I think it turned out to be compressed disks in my neck. I have that problem from time to time because of the way I hold my head when I'm concentrating. I've always tilted my head to the right if I'm sitting still. I've done it since I was a baby. It doesn't bother me most of the time because I rarely have to sit so still for very long. However, since I've been working on the DCSE stuff for the gala, I've had to sit still for hours and it finally caught up with me. Luckily, with patience and a shiatsu massage chair, it's going away. I have no idea if I spelled shiatsu correctly. :)

4) Do you remember when I told you about what I did over Christmas and how I thought I had walked in on a conversation about me ever having kids because everyone got quiet when I came into the room? I asked my sister a couple of Sundays ago if that is what they were talking about. It actually turns out that my cousins were talking about how I never seemed like the kind of person who would ever bake cookies or do anything so home-makery, so they were talking about how funny it was that I had baked and decorated those gingerbread people. Apparently my sister misheard when one of my cousins said "Baking" and thought that she had said "Birthing." Since Angie thought that someone asked if I was getting ready to have kids, she kind of got snarky and said "What, Kelly? I really DON'T think so!" and that's when I walked in. My mom said that everyone got quiet because it seemed like such a mean thing to say, especially when it was obvious that I was, in fact, capable of baking cookies and other such domestic activities! It was so funny! : ) Poor Angie!

No comments: