Tuesday, March 17, 2020

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: TAMPA, FLORIDA, MARCH 12, 2020

I decided that I was going to hang out at the Hotel today instead of driving anywhere on my own. It’s a combination of laziness, not wanting to drive in Tampa traffic (which is nuts), and not really knowing what I’d do once I was out there anyway. My main plan was to go to the beach, but since we went yesterday, and since I couldn’t really swim or have a place to clean up or anything, I’m cool not going. Plus, it means Steve will have the car instead of calling an Uber, so he can have a little more freedom while he’s at his conference. When I first decided not to go anywhere on my own, I felt like I was being cowardly, but after some internal searching, I realize I just want to be on my own today. I’m feeling hermity. Hehe.

I think it’s great that Steve got invited to speak at this event. He is considered a cyber security expert, so not only will he speak, he will be on a panel. I’m actually curious to see if many people will be there after all, though. 

I spent the day in the room watching Amazon Prime stuff, mainly. I did go to the vending machine at some point, but mostly just enjoyed myself in the room in various ways until Steve texted me with plans for when his conference would be over. 

The only thing of note that I did today was go have dinner at a swanky hotel restaurant with one of Steve’s coworkers and his wife, which was a lot of fun. It was the hotel where the New York Yankees and the Detroit Lions were staying during their spring training. Unfortunately, they had all gone by the time we got there because of their training being cancelled. BOO!!!! But we had some good food, fun conversation, and beautiful scenery anyways. 
 
Not a bad way to end the day! 

No comments: