Friday, June 08, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Take THAT! After three days, the unrelenting brain song is gone! Of course, it has been replaced by James Taylor, but at least I know the words to "How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you)!"

2) Went to see Pirates of the Carribbean last night. I...well, I don't know how I feel about it really. As usual, buckles were still swashed, Johnny Depp is still rocking the smeary eyeliner, and Orlando Bloom still looks like he hasn't reached puberty. It was good, really good actually, but I think the ending could have been better. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, so I won't say what made me so mad, but the more I think about the ending the more I want to throw things. I have never quite been so aware of the teeth on those guys. Also, there was a lot of saliva flying. There was a really gross scene that involved Davy Jones' (once again, the pirate not the Monkee) tentically beard killing another guy, and it almost made me gag. Still gives me the shivers.

3) Steve and I watched "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" the other day. That has always been one of my favorite movies of all time. However, I realize that I watched it without asking some fairly important questions. A) Why did Willie Scott get on the plane with Indie and Short Round? She was basically abducted by Dr. Jones (doll) to get the antidote to the poison, but to my knowledge she wasn't a target to the bad guys. B) Why was there a giant cauldron of water in the mines? I mean seriously... C) When did Willie have time to go back and get the clothes she was wearing when she first got to the Palace? D) Do those people always eat bugs and snakes? Didn't a brother ever just want a hot pocket? I think I'm thinking about all of this too much. Oy.

4) I am so mad. OK, get this. I have said before that I have been tapped to help out at the Hall of Fame dealie for the SpRocket. It's a black tie deal, so you'd think that I'd be frantically trying to find something to wear to it, right? Wrong. Guess who is the only person in her department who will not be dressed in anything resembling black tie? ME! Not only that, but guess what I do have to wear? Nope, not the pink lady costume, either. I have to wear a FLIGHT SUIT. No, you don't understand...a ^!%@$# BLUE SPACE CAMP FLIGHT SUIT. Why? Because someone with no taste and a bad sense of humor thinks that they need people dressed like camp kids to direct people to their seats and hand out name badges. Also, I was told to wear black, military style boots with the flight suit. I don't know about you, but I don't own black, military style boots and I'm not going to go out and buy any. That seems weird, anyway. Who wears boots like that with an astronaut flight suit? Astronauts certainly don't. Ugh. So, I told my boss that since I'm going to be dressed like this, I would be uncomfortable attending the event as a guest. She then goes on to make fun of me in front of everyone in our weekly meeting for saying that I didn't want to sit with a bunch of people in tuxes and evening gowns while wearing glorified footie pajamas. Everyone else seems to get why I feel this way but her. I am choosing to chalk it up to her just being worried about the event and wanting everything to go well. I have also told her that I will not attend as a guest and I will do whatever else needs to be done during the speeches. If she needs a seat filler, she can buy a ticket for her son or something. If she didn't honestly seem like someone who is about to have a heart attack about this, I'd tell her she could just bite me. Being this low on the totem pole sucks sometimes.

No comments: