1) You'll be either glad or disappointed to know that I never had to take another one of my anti-pain pills.* I probably could have done, but I was always afraid I'd need to drive somewhere and I wouldn't have been in any state to do so. I never actually found out what was wrong with me, but I guess it was good I went to the doctor just in case. I'm going to keep telling myself that, because otherwise I'm going to bring myself to the point of actually dying before I go back again.
*I originally called them "Pain Pills" but then realized that the name sort of implied that the pills caused pain instead of stopping it, so I changed it. Also, getting rid of unusued pain medication is complicated. You can't just flush it away, apparently. There are rules and stuff. Oh, well.
2) Speaking of being on medication, I had to take Benadryl last night and it's almost noon and I haven't shaken off the floopiness yet. I wonder if I took too much? The box wasn't in there with the medicine, so I wasn't sure. I only took two, though. That's normal, right? Two is usually normal. I'm still so logy and fuzzy headed, and also weirdly emotional for some reason. No joke, I was checking my email to see if a friend had responded to something I sent, and there wasn't anything there, and I almost cried. I don't know why. I literally had to sternly remind myself that people have other stuff to do. Still, though, if anyone spoke sharply to me right now, I'd probably collapse in a puddle of tears. It's completely irrational. I originally had to take the Benadryl because I broke out in a weird rash after eating some chocolate I got for Christmas. That has never happened before and I've had that particular kind of chocolate before as well.
I swear to God if I have become allergic to chocolate, I'll have to seriously consider whether life is still worth living.
3) Christmas was great, by the way. We spent it with family and also had some quiet time and we watched the Doctor Who Christmas special. We spent a very quiet New Years eve at home, but we had cookies and grape juice and things that made sounds. We had champagne, but Steve has been sick and we didn't think it would be smart for him to mix alcohol with his meds. I didn't think it would be smart to have a whole bottle of champagne to myself, seeing that I'd probably wind up topless on my neighbor's roof, so I stuck with grape juice, too. I wish we'd been able to go someplace like we did last year, but we made it work. My new year resolutions? Meet new things and try new people.
While I was making the cookies, I accidentally took the mixer out of the batter before the whirlygigs stopped spinning, and cookie goo went EVERYWHERE. I had to change clothes. I also keep finding bits of cookie dough shrapnel in weird places. My hand mixer must have a V8 in it. The resulting cookies were delicious, though, so maybe I'm on to something!
4) I feel so bad! One of my work responsibilities is to pay everyone. I have spreadsheets that I copy over every year so that taxes and stuff are automatically deducted. I've never had a problem with them, but as we were closing out the books for the end of 2015, we noticed that the pastor's pay was way too much. We couldn't figure out why, so when we went back and looked, we realized that for some reason his spreadsheet had a broken formula, and I hadn't been deducting his retirement at all last year. I was still paying his retirement, but it wasn't coming from his salary like it should have been. It never occurred to me to check the dang spreadsheet, because usually if a formula goes bad, there is some kind of error message. Now he has to pay back the money I overpaid. Well, the church wasn't going to require it, but he's honest and didn't feel right keeping it. I feel terrible. :(
I also had to do the taxes for the church employees, and while it's really not a terribly complicated thing, I'm always so scared I'm going to screw it up. I started on them on Monday, and by the time I got home I was so stressed that I went to bed and pulled the covers over my head for a while like a 4 year old. I wish I wasn't so useless!
5) I've got another freelance project that I'm getting ready to start on this month! I'm doing wedding invitations for the daughter of someone in Steve's band. The wedding is in April, so I hope I haven't waited too late to start on them. Some people want everything well before they need to be sent, and I don't want the bride to freak out. I'm kind of nervous about doing any design work since I couldn't even get an idea for the last thing I was asked to do, but I can probably handle this. Hopefully! Fingers crossed.