I'm feeling misanthropic today. Sorry.
1) I hate when people complain about how slow the internet is when it's their own fault that it's slow. If you are trying to stream radio, video, and browse the internet all at the same time, whilst other people are also using the internet, when the service is not stellar in the first place, you are going to slow it down. You can call the internet provider and yell at them all you want, but the fact that the internet comes back in full, or faster, when you are not there speaks volumes. BANDWIDTH! DO YOU SPEAK IT?
2) I hate that I don't feel good inside my body right now! I'm having to go to doctors and I'm tired of it. I don't want to feel like I'm falling apart this early in my life! I just want to feel fine and not have worries that something is on the verge of malfunctioning. It is boring and I wish I didn't have to do any of it since I have many other things I'd rather do instead.
3) I hate the way Steve says "potato cakes." That is a weird one. Potato cakes are a side item at a fast food restaurant and Steve used to order them all the time, but the way he said the words made my teeth stand on edge. I don't know why! It isn't the words that bother me, but just the way he says them. I really can't explain it. Now that he knows how I feel, he just says it to vex me.
4) I hate that when someone dies, people say "He/she has gone to be with Jesus." That's kind of the same as the potato cakes thing. I can't explain it at all. It isn't the meaning of it I dislike, because I think it's a very nice sentiment, but I hate the phrase. As someone who works in a Baptist church, it is very unfortunate that I don't like that saying.
5) I hate that you have to be careful when you're buying cut up fruit at the market, because the produce folks just assume you want disgusting melon pieces in with otherwise acceptable food. Melons are gross and I don't want to be faced with them!
6) I hate that quinoa is not spelled like it sounds!
7) I hate that it is so hot that all of the roaches and palmetto bugs are trying to gain sanctuary inside my church and that I had to set off a bug bomb that laid waste to every bug in and around the lobby, and instead of anyone taking the initiative to help clean up the bugs, I had to personally sweep up a pile of dead insects that was seriously alarming. People were just stepping around them instead. It was gross.
Maybe since I couldn't think of more than 7 things I hate right now, I'm not too misanthropic.
If you're a guy and you're feeling grumpy, does that mean you are misteranthropic?
I still like chocolate and puppies just fine.