Thursday, June 28, 2018

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: VIVA ESPAÑA EDITION: JUNE 13

What day is it? Where am I? I have no idea anymore.

We got back to the hotel after 1:00 am, which seems to be acceptable to some people. Not me. Not so much. Blerf.

The two cups of Sangria seem to have done me some damage, which is hilarious in a way. I’m beginning to think that it isn’t the wine as much as it is the sugar that was in it. Oh, well. It doesn’t matter. The end result is the same. Haha!

This morning we had to get up and leave the hotel for our next destination. On the way, though, we had two stops. One is in Córdoba to the Mosque-Cathedral, affectionately known as the Mezquita (which sounds like mosquito and was the subject of some jokes.) We saw a gorgeous Roman bridge, which was still being used, and spent about an hour of free time eating tapas-a thing of which I am in love with. The tapas was great!  It was me, Anthony, Steve, and a man named Rick that I didn't know, and we ordered a bunch of things to share. I ordered oxtail, because that sounded interesting. It was delicious, but even though I'm familiar with anatomy and animals and all that, I didn't expect to find a fully recognizable vertebrate inside the meat part.  Still, though, I ate two of them, so it didn't bother me that much.

If the Romans had built it, London Bridge would have never fallen down.

Tapas. Everything was delicious except for the paella. Fight me.

 We also did some more souvenir shopping. I’m honestly having trouble finding anything I want, because almost every single shop in these tourist areas has the same tacky crap. I am a discerning souvenir shopper, and I don’t want to buy stuff you can get anywhere in Spain, just with the name changed!  However, I did buy myself some candy. I'm tired of worrying about what I'm eating. It's too stressful.

This is the Gatlinburg Main Street of Spain.

 Afterwards, we went with our tour guide Angel, who looked like a member of a Spanish boy band, but who was a great guide all in all, into the mezquita.

The place was amazing. I mean that, it was huge and complicated, and it was amazing to know that even back then, without computers and whatnot, there were people who could create such beautiful, intricate things with mathematics and a compas that have lasted (and will last) thousands of years. We have all the technology available to mankind at the moment, and the buildings made today will fall apart in 100 years! Nuts, I tell you! NUTS!  These old cathedrals just blow my mind, with all of the art and altar pieces. If my church was like any of these we’ve visited, I’d never hear a word my pastor said. I’d be sitting with my mouth open staring at the walls the whole time I was there.






Afterwards, we got back on the bus and continued our long drive towards Sevilla, which is where the next concert would be held. I think I have some kind of Pavlov’s Dog relationship with our bus, because every time I get on it, I fall asleep. Only it isn’t a good, solid sleep. It’s one of those half dozing things that is neither restful or useful. I forgot to mention that before we got to Córdoba, I had been doing one of those half conscious dozing things when the bus stopped at a roadside stand to let us out to stretch our legs and whatnot, and I was still half asleep when I got off and was shuttled into this roadside stand where everyone was talking and yelling and I was so confused that I got a little scared. My contacts were dry and I couldn’t open my eyes, and Steve kept asking me questions that my brain wouldn’t process, so I had to go outside and collect myself. It would have been concerning if it hadn’t been funny. I didn’t know where I was or what was going on, but darn it, I shopped!  If I give you any weird, olive related items when I get home, this is where it came from.  Nice bathrooms, though.

It was a long ass drive. The area we are covering in Spain is much larger than the one we covered in Ireland, so we spend a lot of time on the bus. The bus is uncomfortable, too, but that’s fine. We get to see some beautiful scenery along the way, and so far we always end up somewhere interesting.

We finally made it to our hotel and had dinner. Steve wanted to go out, but I was too tired, so I went back to the room and he found some friends to have drinks with. So I’m currently sitting here relaxing and not wearing pants while that chump is out there enjoying the nightlife. I guess we all know who is winning tonight!

It’s me...not Steve. Just FYI.

No comments: