Thursday, February 02, 2023

KANSAS

 I've driven through Kansas twice in my life. 

It was all interstate driving, and we weren't there to go anywhere in actual Kansas. We were just using it as a through way to get to someplace else, as one does. It was flat, and monotonous, and I wouldn't have even known that we were actually moving forward except for the fact that we kept passing roadkill. 

Now, with all due respect to anyone who lives in Kansas, I'm sure the entire state is not like that. There are probably vibrant, wonderful, beautiful places there that I don't know anything about because I've never explored the place, but that interstate drive is the only impression of Kansas that I have. Flat, bland, and boring.

Just like those interminable rides down Kansas interstates, that's how life has been here lately.  Flat, bland and boring! 

That reminds me of someone I knew who'd joke "What emo Myspace page did you get that from?" Pffft, as if I couldn't come up with emo stuff on my own! But honestly, I don't mean to sound emo, or even melodramatic! I swear! It's just that I went from the hectic, never-ending stream of activity in December to January/February where I'm still busy, just bored. Does that make sense? 

I work, I eat, I sleep, I go to church, and I work there (still) and then I do it all over again ad nauseam. 

I'm not complaining, exactly. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Like those Kansas drives, it isn't bad. The weather is fine-ish and everything is going straight ahead. So far nothing is dangerous, and we aren't getting attacked by bears. There's just no plans, nothing to look forward to, and the only way I know I'm still moving forward is that I keep passing road kill! But, hey...forward is forward! 

Steve's been gone for three of the 4 weeks of January. His work wives have spent more time with him than me so far this year, so it's been a bit lonely I guess. Nothing I haven't delt with before, though! 

So, all of this to say that I haven't had much to write about lately, but I'm still here. You know, in case you were wondering.

Hopefully I'll have something more fun to write about soon. Fingers crossed!

No comments: