Friday, August 23, 2013
RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING
1) I'm currently down in the basement of the church editing last Sunday's sermon video. That is where our editing room is, but I actually convinced a lady here that they'd moved my office downstairs because I was too weird for them upstairs! Heehee. Of course, now I'm concerned as to why she believed me. Hmmmm.
I think I may have inadvertently gotten into something I was allergic to, or maybe I'm catching a cold, because my whole head feels like it's full of bees, and my nose is running. I feel like complete yuck, so as soon as I'm done down here, I'm heading home instead of staying for choir practice. It's actually kind of funny if I am sick, because yesterday I went to the doctor for a follow-up visit after my physical and I was completely fine. It would be a great waste of a doctor visit to get sick the day after! (EDIT: Turned out I had forgotten to take my allergy medicine! Oops.)
2) Speaking of my doctor appointment, the angry nurse was there yesterday. She makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I completely respect what nurses do, honestly, and I know the job is hard. I have several friends who are nurses, and I know it takes a very special kind of person to do that job, but this lady really makes me feel like I'm not welcome there. Maybe it's not just me she does it to, but it always feels directed at me while I'm there, so either she doesn't like me personally, or she really hates her job and treats every patient like this. I even caught her looking at me weird when I walked out of the office (she didn't know I was going to turn around) so I know I'm not just imagining it. I'm not going to say anything about it to the doctor, because I don't know this woman's life, and maybe she's just a surly person, but a fantastic nurse. Her bedside manner sucks, though.
3) Butler is finally getting around a little better than he was! He'd been having some trouble getting around because he has arthritis in his back hips. It was actually kind of pitiful to see him struggle to get up and then have to walk around all stiff. We'd been hesitant to have the vet put him on what she described to us as pain killers, which we thought meant some kind of opiate, because we didn't want him to be drugged up all the time. The last time he was at the vet, though, they told us that the medicine they wanted to put him on was an anti-inflammatory medicine, so we agreed. Now he seems to feel a lot better and we are glad! I even saw him run yesterday, which I haven't seen him do in a long time. I can't imagine how bad we must have seemed to the vet when we wouldn't agree to have him put on meds to begin with, but we had no idea what kind she was talking about!
4) I wish our church was in a better neighborhood. I know I shouldn't complain, and normally it wouldn't bother me, but now that I work here, I'm afraid a lot. It isn't really terrible or anything, and there are definitely worse places in our town, but we've had some crazy stuff happen around here. Plus, we have people who come by asking for money, and you can tell that some of them are tweaking (or at least high) which scares me. I'm not worried when I'm inside, because we have a security system in place, but when I have to go outside by myself it's a little scary. Maybe I'm just a giant weenie. I just wish it were a safer neighborhood.
5) I've been writing this blog entry for three days now, and every time I open up this site, I forget what I came here to write! That isn't a joke, I honestly have things I want to say, but can't remember them until well after I log out of this thing!!!! It's as bad as when I can't think of a word I want to say, and then I have to make hand motions and sound effects until someone guesses the word, only I can't do that online! What is happening to my brain?! I'll just have to start writing myself blog notes. I give up for now. Here's a nice picture of some dogs: