Monday, July 07, 2014

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I realize what I'm about to say is kind of rude, because people that I know and love wholeheartedly do this thing, so I apologize in advance.

If I ever go to the beach, and I come back in a group picture where everyone is posing on the sand wearing khakis and either a black, white or any kind of matching shirt, please know that I did it under duress and the only reason I let it happen was because I didn't want to upset anyone.

I honestly don't know why, but pictures like that put me into an irrational rage. They're usually nice family pictures, so I don't understand it, but I hate them with the passion of a thousand angry bees.

I felt the need to tell you all this. If you ever see me in a picture like that, send help.

2) So, I'm sending back the FitBit.  I didn't want to, but I finally realized that there is no way I can wear it without my skin falling off, so I bit the bullet and ordered a return package.  The whole return thing was surprisingly easy.  I expected that I'd have to provide a copy of the original receipt, a picture of my rash, a birth certificate and proof of citizenship before they'd take it back, but all I has to do was send the actual watch back.  I'd like to get another, similar thing, so if anyone has any recommendations I'd like to hear them!

3) We had a very low key July 4th weekend. Steve and I had lunch with my mom, and I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if I need to be offended by the sheer amount of food that she fixed for just the 5 of us.  Holy Moses, it was a lot, but it was good and we did take some of it home! :)  There are a few places around here that do the big fireworks shows, but we didn't go to any of them.  I love watching fireworks, but I do not love the traffic and the bugs. We went home, brought Butler inside so that he wouldn't freak out about the sounds, and watched old episodes of Moonlighting.  I used to love that show so much when I was little.  Of course, now that I understand the jokes, I'm a little surprised that I was allowed to watch it at all! 

4) Last night I woke up in Crazy Town and almost ripped the comforter apart.  I was dreaming that spiders were crawling around on the bed and I was trying to knock them off with anything I could get my hands on.  Apparently I tried squishing them with my iPad, too. The charger is next to my bed, and if I unplug the iPad, I'll lay the charging cord back on the nightstand.  I found the cord this morning laying in the floor and the iPad next to me in bed only half charged.  I guess I'm lucky I didn't throw that across the room and break it!  It's been a long time since I've had a Crazy Town dream, which is good, but I have no idea what caused it! 

They were really big dream spiders.

No comments: