Thursday, October 04, 2018

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Taking your sweet time to get undressed and leisurely walk down the hallway to the bathroom to shower is all fun and games until you realize your spouse (who has been remodeling) has removed the blinds from the windows that face the big, glass fronted house that our brand new neighbors just moved into.

So, you know, at this point I can't introduce myself to them. I feel like we are way beyond that now. 

Sorry, new neighbors. Usually I wait about a month before I get naked in front of your house. My bad.

2) OK, this is weird.  I'm suddenly gaining weight incredibly fast, even though I'm not doing anything much different from what I was doing before.  I suppose I might be eating more, but I don't think it can be that much more, and I've been working out pretty regularly.  Maybe we've been eating out more often? I dunno, but it seems odd.  Good Lord, will all that work even last for a year? I genuinely don't want to be back in the same situation as I was...ever again.  *sob*

3) I've started Christmas shopping already, and I know it's too early, but I want to get it finished.  Last year we left it til the last minute and it made me hate Christmas. 

Don't get me wrong,  I love giving people gifts, especially if they are gifts that I think they'll enjoy. However, unless I start in like June or so, I always feel like I'm running out of time.  Blerg.

4) Steve and I have signed up to do a race together! Well, we are with a group of people from his work, but I'm excited! I'm not sure why, as it will require me to run, but I am glad to have another chance to do a race and this time I won't be by myself!  It's the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run, which is to benefit breast cancer research.  Boobs are something I hold close to my heart (rimshot) and I'm all about helping to make sure we help keep them healthy!  Specifically, the charity is using the proceeds to purchase 3D tomosynthesis machines to do mammograms. When I had a mammogram earlier this year, I was put in one of those machines and it was weird.  It's like they squash your boob into something off of Star Trek and take images.  It's a great thing, though, because it takes clear and concise images.  Not everyone gets to use them yet because there aren't enough of them, but I got lucky. 

Our team is called (Oy, y'all) Wall of Breast Friends - because the woman we are running in honor of has the last name of Wall - if you feel like donating. I'm not asking you to do that, though, but just FYI.

I hope no one makes we wear a tutu.


No comments: