Monday, November 10, 2008

I know I've mentioned on here before that on our anniversary, Steve and I go to the list of "proper anniversary gifts" and buy something that corresponds with the appropriate year. This year, number 8, the choices were traditional: Bronze/Pottery or modern: Linen/Lace. Quite honestly, since the gift is for both of us to share, none of those choices sounded good. We decided that we could reserve the right to look outside of those perimeters and pick a gift that we liked better, and we did.

We have decided that year 8 would be: The Year of Rock Band 2!

Yes, somewhere deep inside we are both 12 years old.

We actually bought the game Saturday, you know, since we'd probably be busy on Tuesday. Heh, yeah...that's why. We've been having fun playing the game, although there are some things we haven't figured out. Steve plays the guitar and I play the drums. I kind of suck at the drums, but I am better at them than Steve is, owing, no doubt, to my 4 years of being in the percussion section of my high school band. Granted, I didn't play the drums. I played the xylophone. However, I guess since I once hit an instrument with sticks, that makes me the drummer! So far I can only play in "easy" mode, but I only started playing this week. I'll practice and soon I'll be better than that one armed fella from Def Lepard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!
Happy Anniversary! I always remember 11/11!