Wednesday, November 05, 2008

MORE RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) OK, so Obama won the election. Good for him! I'm not going to lie and say I voted for him, but to be frank, I practically eenie-meenie-miney-moed in this election. I'm not proud of that, because I would much rather vote because I believe in someone and what they stood for. There were only one or two tiny things that I liked about McCain that I didn't like about Obama, so that's how I chose. However, I want to say that I think the new president-elect seems very sincere about his desires to make a difference and I hope the changes he makes are ultimately positive ones. Now, of course, I get to go to a family gathering in the nest couple of days and listen to the racist side of my family bitch and moan about a black man being president. Beer me strength.

2) I'm so tired. Steve had to go into work last night to some work on a network thing (I'm not going to pretend to act as if I understood what it was) and I went with him. We got there at a bit after 10 p.m. and stayed there until after 2 a.m. this morning. I mainly sat in his office and read catalogs and played Solitaire with real cards! I don't like playing solitaire with real cards because you have to shuffle them and set them up, and I'm not good at shuffling cards. I had no idea we had been there so long until about an hour before we left. Steve showed off all of his high tech toys, and I got to see him and his co-worker Alan in action. I was duly impressed. However, I've decided that if I had to do their job, I'd shoot myself. I just would. Server rooms are some of the most depressing places on earth.

3) I was able to get in touch with a friend of mine from high school after Googling his name the other day. Well, I say we were friends, but we had a love/hate relationship for a long time after we went together for a while and then broke up. Ultimately, though, we ended up friends after we realized how dumb it was to not like each other for reasons neither one of us could determine. He makes me feel dumb, though. He doesn't do it on purpose, but he has a PhD in Secondary Education (or some such thing) and is an assistant professor at JSU. I only got my BA last year! Oh well, he was always more driven than me, so I'm proud of him. He told me he was on his way to Texas to present and that his oldest son will be 6 this year! So now I feel dumb and old! :)

4) My novel writing isn't going so well. It isn't that I don't know what to write, but I have a problem with adding in too much exposition, and it makes my story all convoluted. I didn't expect my first attempt at writing to be All Quiet on the Western Front or anything, but I kind of figured I'd do better than I am. Oh well, it's all about the journey, right? Anyone? Eh, I'll do my best. That's all I can do!

5) Here is another picture from St. Louis, just for funzies. It's kind of a neat shot, even if it's a bit crooked and dark. I wish I'd had a tripod, but I don't tend to visit friends with a portable studio in tow. This was taken from the top of Bro. Josh's building that he lives in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can kind of understand why your foot isn't in that shot.
My novel sucketh. Last time I made myself write it straight through from beginning to end, and that motivated me to get through the parts I didn't want to write and get to the parts I did want to write. This year I'm so unmotivated that the only way I can make myself do anything is to JUST write whatever scene I feel like writing. I'm hella behind.
Obama's logo looks like doughnut and bacon to me. I can support Breakfast in America.

Tae said...

Oooooh, bacon and a donut! He should have used that in his campaign. Then I wouldn't have been so wishy-washy.

Anonymous said...

Just tell them he is as white as he is black, and he has no connections to the African Americans. Except that he is half one and half the other. I think his attitude is French.

But we will all get to know the real person for the first time soon and we will be surprised, some for the good I guess and some for the bad. He has been politicking for as long as he has been in the public eye and not many politicians are sincere.

That is why I gave you my unsolicited advice to look to his party's platform if you didn't know whom to vote for.

That was in honor of my beloved sister who isn't here to give advice.