1) My ankle is much better, thanks for asking! :) It's weird how quickly it got better after initially thinking I'd probably really damaged it. I've sprained my ankle a bunch of times, but it had never hurt like that before. After taking Jeoff's advice about how to take care of it, and thinking it was just fine, I ended up rolling it again (because of course I did). It swelled back up, so Steve talked me into going to the Doc-In-The-Box and getting it checked out just in case. After being in the dreaded clinic for two hours, having 6 X-Rays - three initial and three re-dos, and having the doctor pull and twist my leg into a balloon animal, I was told I was just fine and that I could go back to the gym the next day. In fact, he gave me the exact same advice that Jeoff gave me to begin with. He did give me a prescription for some anti-inflammatory pills, and I got a brace with rigid sides to wear the rest of the week, but now my ankle seems back to normal. Well, sort of. It feels like the bones in my ankle don't meet up anymore. I don't think there's anything wrong, because with all the X-Rays, I'm sure they'd have told me if anything was amiss. So now I just need to watch where I step! :)
2) Oh, and speaking of all of that... I mentioned that I slipped on a puddle at Home Depot in my last post. I'd assumed at the time that it was water that had leaked from a car that had been parked there, but we had to go back there yesterday and get some stuff, and there was a puddle in the same place! I guess something must be leaking. They are so going to get sued.
3) Steve and I are getting our kitchen remodeled! I'm so excited! Well, I don't know if you would call it getting remodeled, since basically we're just getting some new cabinets and an island, but I'm still excited. The old cabinets were put in when the house was built in 1949. None of them are to code, there isn't enough room for our dishes in them, and trying to find hinges or any kind of replacement parts for them has been a nightmare. Also, we've gone through two counter tops, and while I love the blue tile ones that Steve built for me, it's so hard to keep them clean. We're getting a local carpenter to build them for us. We've seen some of his work, and it is beautiful, but the guy looks like he's about 12 years old. This will be the first major change we've had done on the house since I've lived here, so I'm eager to see how it will look. The down side to this is that we're going to have to repaint the kitchen walls and ceiling, and I hate painting walls. Luckily, we're keeping the dark red color, so at least we won't have to spend days and days trying to cover a dark color with a light one. Woot!
4) I feel so awful! Last week I volunteered to do a bit of graphics work for a friend of mine. He needed someone to make a logo for a Facebook page that his group of storm chasers are putting together. Honestly, I wasn't 100% sure what it was he needed, because when he sent me the email about the logo, he said he was drawing a blank and that whatever I could come up with would be fine. So I worked for a day or two and came up with a few for him to chose from, he picked one out, and we did some tweaking until it was just what he wanted.
I got another email today saying that he had finally gotten together with the whole group and showed them the logo I created, and they'd vetoed it. Apparently they thought it would be a bit distasteful to use a logo with a tornado graphic when the Facebook page they were creating was a memorial for some of their friends who'd been killed in the tornadoes that had hit last year! Oops. I thought I was creating a logo for the storm chasers themselves that would include mention of their friends, not one specifically for the memorial page. Eeeesh. I'm so tacky. My only saving grace is that my friend, the one who originally picked out the logo, didn't think about that either. However, all was not lost. They'd decided what kind of logo they did want and sent me a rough draft and some files, and I managed to get them what they needed. Still...eeeeeesh.
5) Butler and Bear tried to kill each other again this weekend. I have no idea what is wrong with them, because it isn't as if they hate each other! Seriously, if one of them is away from the other, they have a fit until they are reunited! But if they are together, they act like a couple of grumpy old men! It's insane. The worst part about this fight is that Butler lost yet another tooth! At least this time it was one of the smaller ones, but jeez. He either must have the worst teeth in the history of all dogs, or he really bites hard when he and Bear are fighting. Dumb dogs.