Monday, April 30, 2012

MORE RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) OK, so...I didn't end up doing the audition.  Believe it or not, it wasn't because I was scared or anything like that.  The more I thought about it, the less interested in it I was.  However, I had actually decided I was going to do it anyway, because A) I felt like I'd be letting down a lot of people who had given me advice and who seemed very excited for me and B) I really need to do something.  I feel like a giant loser for not working and not having any kind of concrete plan for my life and I thought that, if nothing else, this would push me in some sort of direction.  I have friends that I admire because they seem to know exactly what they want and exactly how to do it.  Me, I feel like someone dropped me off in an unfamiliar town without a map and told me I have exactly one hour to find a restaurant I've never heard of.  It's frustrating and scary.  But I digress.

So I had decided to go ahead and do this audition anyway, but I realized I was missing one important thing that I needed: a head shot.  I don't have many pictures of me at all, and the only professional one I've had made in the last 5 years is little more than a glorified school photo and it doesn't really look like me.  Since it was the only one I had, I spent a while photoshopping the heck out of it and getting it ready to print, only to realize at the last possible minute that I only had one sheet of photo paper to print on, which meant no re-dos.  Halfway through the printing, I realized that not only did the printer screw up and make me look orange (seriously, I looked like Snookie's older sister), I also saw that I had somehow managed to load the paper in backwards, which caused the coated side of the paper to buckle, so I couldn't even flip it over and print on the back.  *HEAD DESK*

By this time I was just sick of the idea of the whole thing.  I had no head shot, no real experience, and no idea what I was doing.  I refuse to go into a situation like that half assed, so I just scrapped the plan all together.  It wasn't really important in the scheme of things, anyway, because I wasn't expecting it to make me a movie star, or heck, even an actor.  I just thought it would be something different to do.  I'm not even sorry about not doing it.  The only thing that really bothers me is that so many people got so exited for me about it, way more than I thought would actually care, and I hate to think they'd be disappointed in me for not going ahead with it.  Oh well, I'll just have to make them proud some other way, I guess!

2) Heh, one of my friends sent me the link for my old position at the SpRocket (ptooey).  The job is open again because they hired someone the last time they advertised it and the person worked there for about a week before they quit. I read through it and, though I can't be 100% sure, it looks like they've added a few extra requirements regarding behavior.  It might as well say "Please don't act like Kelly, or you can't work here."  Heehee!  Eh, I'm so freaking charming. 

3) You know, I hate it when I find out that someone I like turns out to be kind of an awful person.  Luckily I didn't have to learn this first hand, but I was talking to someone last night and, kind of off hand, they mentioned something that a person we both know once said that shocked me.  It was just a really mean and hurtful thing to say, and I wouldn't have thought him possible of behaving that way.  Of course, you can't judge someone by one thing they say, but the person I was talking too went on to tell me a whole bunch of other things that this guy both did and said, and it blew my mind.  I mean, he didn't kill anyone or anything like that, but I was still shocked that he was capable of acting like such a tool.  He just seemed so nice, but apparently it was all an act he'd put on unless he was around his friends, and unfortunately for him, his friends got tired of his behavior and stopped protecting him.  I generally considered myself a good judge of character, but I guess as long as someone is nice to my face I'm just going to assume they're a good person, whether they really are or not. Boo.  I liked this guy, but now I'm not going to be able to think of him in the same way and that makes me sad.

4)  Steve's band played Panoply this weekend!  I haven't been to Panoply since well before I was married, and that time I went with Josh and we did faux interpretive dance next to one of the performance tents.

The MCB wasn't scheduled to play until around 4:00 PM, so it was nice and hot by the time we got there. Yuck.  It was about 87 degrees, and the band was set to play on what had to be the hottest and sunniest section of the whole deal, which was the back pavilion of the Museum of Art.  We ended up getting there early, so while Steve helped set up, I walked around a bit.  I actually ran into a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in about a million years (Hey, Jason!) which was nice, and I got to talk to him for a few minutes.  Then I walked on through a zillion other tents and eventually made it to the artist's marketplace.  That is where the local and regional artist set up tents and sell their stuff.  I would have loved to buy some art, but I couldn't afford any!  :)  No wonder the artists are starving.

Once I made it back around to the pavilion, I caught up with Mr. Lee and one of our church members who happened to be there, and we listened to the band play.  It was lots of fun, and the band sounded great!  I got sunburned because I forgot to put on sun screen, and I'm pretty sure I had an slight case of dehydration by the time we left because it was just so dang hot!  I dread what summer is going to be like. Bleh.  Anyway, we had a great time and a lot of fun.

1 comment:

cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.