Friday, April 06, 2012

I THINK MY BRAIN IS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING

For some reason, I woke up super early this morning and decided to go ahead and get out of bed.  I let the dogs out and changed into my gym clothes, but instead of doing the smart thing and going to the gym to get my workout over with, I turned around and went back to bed.

I'd had to reset the alarm clock (Steve slapped the off button instead of snooze) so by the time I'd actually fallen asleep again, the alarm started going off and I was having to wake up every 7 minutes to hit snooze again (don't judge, it was still before 6:00 A.M.)  I don't know if it was a combination of my subconscious knowing I was just going to have to wake up again and push the button and the fact that I never got to go deep into sleep, but in between alarm beeps I had the absolute weirdest combination of dreams/hallucinations that I've had in a very long time.

One involved getting a long and rather uncomfortable hug from someone I used to go to church with,  one was about going to a friend's house to take a shower and completely flooding their bathroom, and I had several different ones that were just sounds.  But the one that really got me was, I think, built off of guilt of skipping the gym yesterday.

I dreamed I was walking home along the sidewalks that run down the side of the main road that goes past our subdivision.  In real life, I could walk down that same sidewalk and get to my gym, but I was walking away from the gym in my dream.  There was an elderly woman ahead of me who had stopped to stretch her legs and an elderly man walking towards the both of us. I stopped walking so that the man could get by, but he also stopped so I could go ahead, but when I tried to walk around the old lady, she jumped in front of me.  When I tried to walk around the other way, she jumped ahead of me again.  She laughed and said she was sorry and let me pass, but then I ran smack into the old man.  He also laughed and let me by, but when I turned around to continue walking, the bushes and trees on each side of the sidewalk had grown together and I couldn't get through them.  By now I was definitely frustrated, so I was going to walk into the street to go around the tangle of bushes.  The second my foot hit the street, the entire freaking neighborhood tipped over on its side, like that scene in Inception, and I fell over and started rolling back down the hill back towards the gym.

I woke up after that, but I honestly don't think I've ever had a dream that has had a more clear message: DON'T SKIP THE GYM.

If going to the gym was actually working, I'd be more inclined not to want to give that dream the finger, but as it stands...

No comments: