Friday, September 29, 2017

THINKLINGS

1) The funeral went well, thank you for asking.  I managed to get the service in order and everything went smoothly as far as I could tell. Doing A/V for a funeral is as nerve wracking as it is doing it for someone's wedding, because if you play the wrong song, or a video doesn't play at the right time, you can't just say "Hey, hold up! Gimme a second!"  Luckily, that didn't happen!

During the song I was concerned about, I took a ball point pen and stabbed myself in the leg with it, so I managed to not cry as much as I might have.  It's not a bad trick, but my leg hurt for the rest of the day!  Haha!

2) The other day I had too much caffeine and was overly enthusiastic in my greeting to the UPS man.  It was uncomfortable.

Also, our UPS man is very nice and he remembers my name, but I don't know his name, but I can't ask him at this point because it would be awkward to admit I don't know it.

3) A small update on my brother.  I saw him last week, and although he is slowing down and sleeping more and more, the hospice nurses say that his vitals are pretty good and he seems to be in good spirits.  Please continue to keep him and my mom in mind, because this situation is still very tough.

4) I had to buy a new wedding band, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I don't wear my original wedding band and although I already had two alternate rings, one is too small and the other belonged to my grandmother and I'm too scared to wear it because I don't want to lose it!

I went to Wal-Mart (don't judge me) because I knew that they had cheap rings there, and I picked out a wide silver band.  I think it might be a man's ring, though, because it's very thick and not-at-all feminine.  It feels like I'm wearing a hula hoop on my hand.  It's also very shiny, which makes me feel self conscious!  Eh, well, it fits, and people can see it, so everyone will know I am married. That's what they're for, right?

I guess I could have shelled out for a few diamond stack rings or something, but why be vulgar, dahling?  Haha!   I'll worry about having diamonds when I'm older and have paid off more bills.

5) I wore some metallic green lipstick to work to mess with my boss.  That probably sounds kind of silly, but you have to understand, the pastor at my church is easily distracted by anything even the slightest bit unusual, so I felt it was my duty to play this little joke. Unfortunately, he didn't come into work, so I figured my coworker (who is also usually very observant and critical about anything even slightly unusual) would get a kick out of it.

Either he never noticed it, or he was not in the mood, because even though we had a conversation, he never mentioned it.  I was honestly surprised, because it is exactly the kind of thing he'd normally jump right on to.  I was determined to play it out, even though I looked ridiculous, but he never said anything.  I finally had to try and take it off, because eating breakfast was smearing it around. I say I "tired" to take it off, because the stupid stuff stained my lips.  I looked like I'd either been deprived of oxygen, or that I'd had a hot date with Kermit the Frog.

*EDIT: The pastor came to work late and noticed that my lips were the wrong color, even though the lipstick was gone. I am TICKED that he didn't get to see them green! It would have been funny.


6) OK, about the otters and why I abandoned them for a bit:  Someone told me (innocently, of course) that otters do terrible things.  I googled what it was, and yes, some otters do terrible things to baby seals.  I couldn't get that out of my head for a while, so every time I saw otters, I thought of what I had learned about them.  I mean, yeah, that's silly, but since I used pictures of otters to kind of forget
about the bad things of the world, it was no fun to think "Oh, how cute! Well, except for the ones who do these terrible things! In fact, forget how cute they are! They do terrible things!" That is, unfortunately, the way my mind works sometimes.  Heh.  Anyway, I've come to terms with the fact that, just like people, some of them are bastards and some are adorable, so I'm going to focus on the adorable ones.

They make me feel better.  Shut up.

7) Sometimes I make poor choices. I hope you fine people can still love me in spite of that.
 

No comments: