Tuesday, February 20, 2018

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING:

1) Have you ever just had everything break on you all at once?  That is what seems to be going on with us right now, and it's really frickin frustrating!  I mean, things breaking or whatever isn't necessarily a terrible thing when it happens one at a time, but when a bunch of stuff happens at once, even the little small, first world problems that happen, it's like we're cursed!  Haha!  So to help alleviate some of the frustration, I'm going to find the silver lining for each one if I can.

A) I broke our garage door.  Well, I didn't break it myself, but I didn't realize the cable had slipped off of the pully that raises and lowers it. I tried to close it, and the cable tangled in the wheel, the door got partially ripped off of its track, and the little arm that helps guide the center of the door as it lowers got stuck and cracked the door panel down the center. We had to call Steve's dad, one of his dad's engineer friends, and that guy's grandson to come and help us try and fix it.  We couldn't fix it and in the process the whole door fell off of our house.  We had to zip tie the broken door to the opening to the garage until a repairman could come and get the door rehung on the track. Now we have to get a new door.  Silver Lining: Now we go out of our front door more often and the cat gets a lot more attention! The cat enjoys that.

B) The fridge is slowly dying.  We have no idea what is going on with the refrigerator, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so when we think it isn't working, we will go in there and realize everything is cold. Good deal!  Then when we go back, everything is warm.  Bad deal! We're having to toss all of the food from the freezer and fridge, which is quite a loss. So. Much. Cheese. Is. Gone. Silver Lining: Right now we aren't eating normal food, and our "food" such as it is, doesn't need to be refrigerated to stay good.  Losing all of the food is bad, but we can't eat it anyway, so now we get to start with a clean slate when we get to eat again in May!  We also have an old fridge in the garage where we had some of our frozen food, so it isn't a complete loss.

C) There are lots of other, little things. One of our outside doors has a problem with the knob that makes it hard to close, one of our windows needs to be replaced, a piece of our siding got blown off in a storm, and since we have had so much rain, we can't put a ladder in our yard at this point to fix it because the ground is too soft. The hot water line for our washing machine has a leak, the newel post on the steps to the stoop has broken, and the ice we had in January caused a break in our driveway.  Silver Lining: None of that really matters in the long run. I mean, yeah, it's annoying, but it's all fixable!  Do we look like the white trash residence in our neighborhood?  Probably, haha, but we'll get it all fixed at some point!

2) Ok, so I'm going in for my medical tests tomorrow morning and I'd like to ask again for good vibes. It's probably nothing.  I hope so anyway.  I'm a little nervous, but I can handle anything that comes my way if I have to! I mean, I don't want to have to handle this kind of thing, but if I have to, I can.

But I don't want to have to.  That's all I'm saying.  I really don't.

3) Wow, this has been a fairly negative Nellie kind of post!  Sorry about that!  I'm not particularly angry or anything, I guess that stuff has been on my mind recently.  Good stuff has happened, I promise!  The weather is nice today. We saw Black Panther last night, and it was a good movie.  I'm learning to shoot a handgun, so if you need a bodyguard, I'll be available as soon as I know what I'm doing.  I got some new running shoes and I'm going to get the first solid food I've had in over a month tonight! So things are fine. Sorry if I sound unpleasant. I don't mean to, I promise!

No comments: