Tuesday, September 18, 2018

AN UPDATE

Hey guys, this is an update on my brother's situation!  It's a good one, so don't worry. :)

Yesterday, mom took Tommy to see his doctor, who was concerned and upset that the hospice group they'd been using had dropped him as a client.  It is clear that, in his current condition, he needs to be checked on by a regularly visiting health professional. So the doctor made sure to immediately contact a new service to take on his case. That is a huge relief for all of us.

That in itself is good news, but to make it better, the particular hospice that the doctor chose to call gave my brother's case to the former pastor of the church my parents went to when my father was still alive. I remember the pastor (who I nicknamed Lieutenant Dan) as a very sweet man who cared a lot for my family, so to know he is familiar with my brother and his particular needs is a nice bonus.

So, although things are still not great as a whole, there are a few bright spots for now! Thanks again for your concern and I'll let you know more when there are more things to know.


No comments: