Monday, December 05, 2022

A QUICKIE

 Ok, you know how I said I couldn't drink for a year, and I was considering maybe not taking it back up again? Probably for the best. 

I cheated and had cocktails at home 5 days before my surgeriversary to test the waters and see what my tolerance is now. Anthony came over to watch some holiday movies and we made Soiled Kimonos (Champagne and Plum Wine - garnished with cherries or pickled umeboshi and an origami crane) which was a drink on one of the movies we watched - A Very Murray Christmas.

I had three. I was already buzzed after three sips of the first one, but I kept going to see if it would get worse.

It did. Drinking is evil and I don't want to do it anymore.

Thankfully, I didn't get sick, naked, or wind up in a tree. I also didn't text anyone I shouldn't have, although I remember considering it and knowing - even drunk - what a bad idea that was. However, I 100% lost my filter and said all the things that were in my head. Probably stuff that shouldn't have been said aloud. 

So, the low tolerance I once had is now nonexistent. 

If I drink again, and I don't know if I will, it will have to be in a controlled environment with bumper pads on all of the doorways and no access to my cellphone, and possibly with a handler to help me get to bed.

Now I know!


No comments: