Tuesday, October 26, 2004

bicycle marshmallow John Kerry George Bush watermelon shoes belly buttons Elmo.

No, I'm not crazy. I just got an Extreme Tracker ---> look to the right please ---> and I'm putting crazy stuff in my blog so people pull me up when they do searches. Yeah, it's sad. : (

Do you know something that makes me kinda sad? Those people who have schedules for their lives. You know them, they are the "I'll-be-married-by-23-have-babies-by-26-join-PTA-by-30" people. I don't know why they make me sad, but they do. I think maybe it's because more often than not, these people who try so hard to fit into their schedules, are very rarely happy. They will convince themselves that they love someone/convince that someone to marry them just so that they will be married, have babies before they're ready, want everything to be just so, all because they have a plan that can not be deviated from. I don't know, I see it all the time. The soccer mom, more often than not, is usually this person. Now, I'm not saying it never works...don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do this who are happy as larks and such, but to me it's sad. More people should be like that penguin from "Fight Club" and just let it all "Slide". SIGH. Anyways...

Last night I finally got the last pieces of my costume ready for this weekend. I thought I was going to get through this Halloween without dressing up, but we got invited to a birthday/costume party where it was requested that you dress up like a movie character. I had no idea what I was going to do. I've been too busy to think of anything, and I have employed many others to help me think of something, all to no avail. Steve mentioned the "Stay Puft Marshmallow man" and was promptly riddled with visual bullets. I mean, please don't ever put me into a white puffy suit and sailor hat. I already resemble a giant, puffy, pale creature....I'm trying hard not to look like that on a regular basis!!! : ) So I finally decided on being Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffanys. I mean, I don't look anything like Audrey Hepburn, but I already had the dress and shoes. All I had to do was get a hat and gloves (which I did) and make the jewelry (which I will) and I'll be done. A sort of zaftig Audrey Hepburn, if you will. Eh, who cares. At least I don't have to think about it much anymore.

How sad is it that I couldn't think of anything to dress up like? I could dress up in a different costume every day without blinking, and then someone asks me to, and I blank.

Josh just called me a while ago and had me do my Latina accent over the phone to his class. Who knows why, either. They all probably think I'm on crack. Glad it made them laugh, though. : )


No comments: