Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I woke up this morning at about 2:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I can't figure out why, but I stayed awake until 5:00 playing The Sims 2 (where I killed yet another person inadvertantly), then I fell asleep in the recliner for another hour and a half before the alarm clock went off. Can't someone figure out a way to stop time so we can sleep longer? Ugh.

Tomorrow is our office Halloween Snack Day! I'm going to make scones. I don't really like bringing stuff to these little get togethers because if you bring something even the least bit unusual, no one eats it and then they make fun of you for making something strange. I'm not going to let that stop me, though. Chocolate Chip Scones it will be!!!!

There really isn't much of a point to this entry except for I'm trying to keep awake by being occupied. I'm surprised I haven't dozed off already, but they send you home for sleeping on the job. Go figure ; ).

Steve and I went to lunch together today. We went to Sonic. I have never eaten anything other than onion rings there before, and it was pretty good! Going to have to go back sometime when we have time to get ice cream.

I was going to the studio tonight, but I think I've changed my mind. I'm too tired to do much good, and since this is an extra print that I won't be turning in, I don't need to take up a table someone else could be using. If nothing happens, I'll just go on Friday. It's not too complicated, so it shouldn't take me long to do it.

I have recently got three of the coolest books. One is a cookbook from Williams Sanoma (which, as you know, I collect) and it's about the food from Paris. I haven't actually gotten to the recipes yet, but they go step by step through the kinds of things you would find in Paris, and it's really interesting. Oh, shut up, cheese is interesting! Maybe that's weird, I don't know. I'm thinking about going back tonight and getting one of the others in the series. They have San Francisco, a Spanish one and an Italian one. I don't know which one I'll get though. I also got another food history/cookbook called Culinaria of America, which breaks down the country into regions and explores the different kinds of food that is indigenous to each area, plus it's history and evolution. It's HUGE, I guess it's supposed to be a coffee table book, but I don't know why you'd have a book like that on your coffee table. Anywho... the third, and by far my favorite, is a book called simply "Ghosts". I found it kind of hanging out in the front of a Waldenbooks with some other "scary" books for Halloween. It's a black leather bound book with gold tooling and the single word "GHOSTS" on the front and on the spine. I figured it would be a good Halloween decoration if nothing else, but it's really got some great ghost stories in it. It's an anthology of stuff from a spectrum of authors from Bram Stoker to Arthur C. Clark. The guy who put together the book wrote a pretty funny forward warning you not to read the whole thing at once. Not because the stories are that scary, but "because like peanut butter fudge, too much at a time can make you lose your taste for it."

Well, it's almost time to go, so I figure I can stay awake for another 15 minutes. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: