RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING
1) I've harmed myself at the gym, and I don't know what I did! I noticed on Tuesday that I had what felt like a crick in my neck and shoulder, so it was hard to move my head around much. I took some pain meds and figured it would work itself out. Since I was a baby, I've had a tendency to hold my head over to one side while concentrating, which has caused me to develop compressed disks in my neck in the past. I thought that might have been what was going on, because I spend so much time in front of a computer. However, yesterday morning when I woke up, I hurt from my neck down my right side. I was walking around all hunched up. I ended up staying home from work to use the heating pad and see if I couldn't stretch myself out a bit, and while I was doing that, I realized it wasn't my neck that was the problem. I have a pulled muscle or something weird underneath my right shoulder blade and it's making everything on that side hurt. I don't know how I did it, because at the moment I'm not lifting any weights. Even though I felt better last night, I woke up this morning with everything down to my hip still hurting and these little tingly, stinging pains all around the part of my back that hurts. I think this means I'm going to have to go to a chiropractor, and I don't want to! I have an irrational fear of them. I know that they can help me, and I know that I'll feel better, but I always have this fear that they are going to twist me the wrong way and paralyze me. I think I'm going to have to suck it up, though. Oy vey.
2) I don't usually watch 'The Bachelor' or other humiliating reality show, but since one of the blogs I follow has been doing a re-cap of this season, I've been reading about what happened this time. How humiliating was that? I feel so sorry for the girl who he broke off the engagement with, and I am embarrassed for the girl who went back to him after that. I don't care how much the guy cried, he's a douche. I wish the first girl had punched him in the crotch and taken the ring to a pawn shop. Now THAT is a reality show I could watch! :)
3) Things are picking up with signs here at the SpRocket now that spring is almost here. I just wish everyone who requests them would give me a couple of days advanced warning. My co-workers had to make my signs while I was out yesterday since people are being inconsiderate. I wish I could make rules about that sort of thing, but I can't. Boo.
4) We will be running the new Star Trek movie here at the Sprocket in May and we are getting the Star Wars Exhibit for the museum next year. We've been warned that we can not, under any circumstances, place any advertisements for them next to each other. We can separate them by one other ad, but they can't be side by side. How hilarious is that? I wonder what would happen if we did put them together. It would probably cause a rip in the space time continuum! Silly stuff.
5) I know this is wrong, but I'd totally eat most of this stuff if given a chance. "This Is Why You're Fat."