Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We had to take Butler to the vet yesterday for his yearly shots and pokes, and as usual, he was less than pleased. Honestly, he doesn't behave nearly has badly as Bear does when he goes to the vet, but he acts so weird that it's almost as bad. He shakes, yawns, and drools all over the place. That probably sounds like normal doggy behavior to you, but it's not normal for our two boys. He also sheds like crazy. I mean, I don't know how he does it, but he can be sitting still and his fur just pops off! When he moves, there is a mound of Yellow Lab fur where he was sitting.

They told us yesterday that he was almost a senior! Can you believe that? It's all madness, I say. He's still a puppy to me. Granted, he's an 83 pound puppy, but he's still a puppy! They also told us they were going to have to start doing special panels on him for certain diseases and disorders that older dogs develop and it made me sad. Now I'm afraid I'm going to look out in the back yard and see he's fallen to pieces or something. :( Otherwise the visit went really well and Butler is very healthy! Yay!

One thing Butler does, as I'm sure all the dogs do when they are there, is sniff around very carefully. Yesterday he was sniffing in a corner and across the wall when he came to a certain spot that was apparently very interesting. He sniffed there for a long time and then very carefully started licking that spot on the wall. I didn't think anything about it, but Steve turned to me and said "The snozzberries taste like snozzberries..." and we cracked up so hard that we scared the dog. I'm fairly sure the people who work there think we are having entirely too much fun while they aren't in there with us.

As for Butler, he seems to be fine and is vaccinated from many nasty things for the next year or so. He does have to go to the doggy dentist soon, which he's afraid of. Last time he went they had to pull one of his big teeth. He said that if they pull any more of them out, he might as well be a cat. I'm not altogether sure what that means, but he seemed to think it was a terrible thing. Bear just thinks it's funny. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Butler. No one likes to go to the doctor!

Heehee, snozzberries