Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sniff

I've been sitting at my desk crying for the past ten minutes.

If you look to the right, you'll see a link for a website called "The Adventures of Kaya and Luna," which is a site 'written by' two Great Danes who live in Australia. I found their website by accident a while ago, and I'm sure I've mentioned it here a couple of times. I kind of unofficially adopted them, I suppose. One of their owners is a very talented pet photographer, and her pictures just brought them to life for me, and because the blog is written from the POV of the dogs, I felt like I knew them. I even have a picture of Kaya saved on my computer here at work that I use as my wallpaper, because something about her face always made me smile.

I just went to visit their site today for the first time in few days, and found out that Kaya has passed away because she had inoperable mouth cancer. I feel kind of like I've lost a friend.

I'll miss you, Kaya!

*Shut up. You know how much I love dogs. Now I need to go home and hug my boys.

No comments: