RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING
1) Well, yesterday was a total bust. Steve and I got up and went to church in the morning. Everything was fine until about halfway through Sunday school, when Steve got a bad headache. He said it just hit him, and since he rarely ever gets headaches (or at least he hardly ever complains about them if he does get them) I knew it must've been pretty bad. We ended up leaving church before worship service and going to get him some medicine and breakfast to see if that would help him feel better. When we got home, I changed and lay back on the couch to read a magazine. The next thing I knew, I was waking up at 5:00 that evening. It was a ninja-like nap attack! I didn't see it coming in the least, and for me to sleep for such a long time was just irritating. When I woke up, I also had a terrible headache and wasn't feeling well, so we ended up staying home from evening services as well. I didn't accomplish anything of usefulness and that makes me mad! :P
2) I still wasn't feeling very well this morning, so even when I got up at the butt-crack of dawn to go to the gym, I didn't actually make it over there. I actually enjoy going, but I've missed the last few days for one reason or another. I'm quite frustrated with myself about this! I'm going to have to figure out how to make myself go after work if I can't make myself go in the mornings. On a lighter note, however, since I woke up so early and got ready for work earlier than normal, we were able to stop by Starbucks on the way in to work! They have already started serving their holiday drinks! Hello, Peppermint Mocha, I've missed you so!
3) Speaking of Starbucks. As much as I like the things they serve, and as much as I have enjoyed going there with friends to talk and hang out on occasion, I think I have finally decided that I prefer the non-chain coffee houses. There is something so blatantly mass produced about Starbucks. I don't know if that makes much sense, but it annoys me. It's like the place is trying so hard to be hipster-ish, but it's just too glossy. I don't know what finally made me notice this about the place, but I did and now it irritates me. Give me a place like Jittery Joe's (The original Athens, GA one) or Blue Sky Cafe (sadly, now closed) any day.
4) I entered a logo design contest the other day, and while I'm trying not to get my hopes up, I really, really want to win it! It's for Lollyphile, which is a swiftly growing company that has begun getting some attention across the country. I don't think I have much of a chance to win, because I've seen the other entries and they are awesome, but I'd love to be able to have something like that in my portfolio! I have so few things in there right now as it is. Fingers crossed! :)
5) My boss finished ripping down the wall in my office on Friday. Once again, he did it with a hammer, a drill and his bare hands! I was so scared that he was going to fall off of the rickety ladder that he was using and break himself, but he didn't!
It looks like some kind of modern art display. I call it "Office, Deconstructed" by Sam. :)