Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A TINY RANT

From Saturday night to Monday evening, I had a bad sinus headache. I get them a lot this time of year. Well, I have them all of the time, actually, but they aren't always this persistent. Anyways, this was the kind that can completely wreck your day and make you feel as if you would gladly remove your head with a kitchen implement if it was possible. One of those that are thisclose to migraine status. Nothing I had on hand in my emergency purse kit would make a dent in it.

Yes, I have an extensive emergency purse kit.

After work, I asked Steve if he would stop at the ghetto Wal-Mart, which is on our way home, so that I could get some of that medicine that you have to show ID for. You know, the stuff that actually works. There are plenty of cold and sinus medications that you can just pick up and buy without bothering to show ID, but those are the kind whose active ingredients were long ago replaced with Kool-Aid and fairy dust because of the hastared meth-heads. When I walked back to that section where you pick up the cards to take to the pharmacy, there was nothing there but empty slots. I kind of stood there blinking and wondering if I was just hallucinating from the pain in my head, because the lack of patent medicine was quite baffling to me. I finally scrounged around and found one card for some "Tylenol Severe Sinus" pills that I didn't want, because I knew they would put me to sleep, but I was desperate! I figured if I had to take them at work, I'd just wear a sign around my neck that explained my situation or something. When I took the card to the pharmacy, I asked if this was all they had. The lady behind the counter told me that they didn't even have the medicine that I was holding a card for. They had nothing. They were out. OUT!

Now, am I mistaken, or is this cold and flu season? Wouldn't it be prudent to restock medicines that are affective against certain ailments during this time? Isn't it obvious that when you have shelves and shelves of medicines for colds and sinus problems that no one wants to buy because they are basically glorified Tic-Tacs, that you should probably order a back log of things that people do buy?! My head was in the process of splitting along my skull sutures and they are going to tell me that they DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING?!!!!!! *pant pant pant pant*

Of course, being the well bred southern lady that I am, I didn't yell or fling myself across the counter, rip the pharmacist's throat out with my teeth and bathe in her blood like I wanted to. I said "Thank You" and left the establishment. Then Steve took me to Walgreens and I found what I needed. Once I got home, I took some meds and finally got rid of the headache.

NO THANKS TO YOU, GHETTO WAL-MART!

Until further notice, they are on my list.

No comments: