Friday, April 02, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) On my way to the gym this morning I heard the song "Raspberry Beret" by The Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. I've heard that song hundreds of times, but today was the first time I thought about it. Was the beret in question raspberry colored? Raspberry flavored? Raspberry scented? Did it look like a raspberry? If it was warm, why would she be wearing a hat in the first place? What did Mr. McGee have against his employees?! So many questions.

2) Yesterday, while I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office, and old lady came and sat next to me. She seemed to be a sweet lady and she struck up a conversation with me about how cold it was in there. Wasn't I cold? When I told her no, I wasn't, she basically said that it was because I was fat. She didn't use the word "fat" but that's what she meant. I knew it and so did she because she tried to back track and change what she said. She's lucky that fat people are jolly.

3) Yesterday was so frustrating! I had the doctor appointment late in the morning that kept getting pushed back and pushed back. I'm not sure what happened to put the doctor so far behind but I was really late, by a couple of hours at least, leaving the office. I had to make a stop (that took much longer than I had thought it would) and the traffic was awful. I also realized at a stop light that my car was sitting on empty and had started doing what I tend to think of as the "Death Shudders." I think that starts happening when your car is almost completely out of gas and the lines get air in them, kind of like trying to drink out of an almost empty cup with a straw. Anyways, I was within sight of a gas station, but at least four cars in front of me had the same idea and I knew I couldn't stand idling and waiting for a pump. Thank goodness I made it to another station close by. Everything was turning to boogers on me, so I finally just had to call in and take the whole day off. I wish I could have spent that time outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. If I've got to call into work and I'm not sick, I at least want to be able to have fun if I'm not at work! :P

4) While riding in an elevator yesterday (alone) I swear I heard someone cough behind me. I know it was stupid, but I swung my arms around to make sure there were no invisible people in there with me. Sometimes I'm not even sure how my own mind works.

No comments: