Monday, April 05, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) We almost had a white-trash, beat down, Jerry Springer style fight AT CHURCH yesterday! I don't know the whole story, and trust me, it's only my newly found desire to stop being so dang nosey (BTW - it's killing me and I may not succeed) that keeps me from asking everyone else who heard the argument what was going on. My best guess is that two women are fighting over this crusty, old man. I know that the man and one of the women have been a couple for a while. I don't really know the other woman, but she just recently started coming to our church and while woman #1 had been out sick, the crusty old man has been sitting kind of close with woman #2. I know that the women got into an argument on the church bus that morning, and I overheard woman #2 telling our pastor's wife (my Sunday school teacher) what had happened. I only heard her say "...ain't nobody going to cuss ME! I don't want to have to beat anyone up at church." Then woman #2 turned to me and said "I might be selling TICKETS this morning!" Our pastor's wife is one of the sweetest and gentlest women I've ever met, and she just kind of sat there with her mouth open. Then woman #1 came in and told our teacher that woman #2 said something bad about her mother, but she didn't elaborate when she realized Steve and I were in there. I just looked down at my book and tried not to get involved.
I'm not usually a pearl-clutcher. You guys know that. In fact, I would normally find this hilarious, but I was honestly afraid these two women would go after each other! In church, on Easter Sunday no less! We ALWAYS have visitors on Easter - church member's families from out of town as well as the Hope-Jesus-Notices-I'm-Here-On-Easter visitors, and the last thing we needed was for these people to see what I'm sure was going to be a rather one-sided fight (if the size difference between the two women was any indication) in the middle of our sanctuary. Luckily, nothing happened. It almost did, because I saw Woman #2 stalking around looking all stabby before services started, but I'm guessing cooler heads calmed her down. Thank goodness.
Just so that you know, our church members are wonderful people and we rarely - if ever - have these kinds of issues go public. Most of them have the class to keep their problems outside the doors. Not these women, though. Yikes.

2) Speaking of Easter...other than the almost "Risen Savior Cage Match" (on Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY!), we had a really lovely day! I managed to finish my hat and everyone really loved it. I was afraid that it would look dumb on me, but I managed to pull it off OK. Apparently, I would have made a cute Flapper. We had a nice church service, I spent a bit having a text message conversation with a dear friend, and then Steve and I had a great lunch with my family. My nephews are getting so tall. Logan is turning 16 this month and hopefully getting his license. He will be the same age I was when he was born. They make me feel old. We didn't have evening service because of the holiday, so Steve and I spent the rest of the day relaxing. I made some hats and we watched a documentary. Good times.

3) The only dark spot in my day was that wearing my hat all morning caused my hair to do terrible things. I didn't have time to fix it again before going to mom's and she took pictures of me. Now there is documented proof that next to my willowy, petite, blond sister, I look like a linebacker in drag with a badly styled mullet. Oy.

4) Steve downloaded the new Doctor Who and we watched it Saturday night! I was afraid I was really going to hate the new guy, but he wasn't that bad, really. He'll have to grow on me a bit. He looks a lot like Crispin Glover and he dresses like a hipster, but so far I don't hate him. He is not as awesome as David Tennant, but I'll give him a chance. Also, David Tennant has the unfair advantage of me having a tiny, celebrity crush on him, so...there you go.

5) I went to the gym this morning and over did it a bit. I didn't mean to, but I got in the zone and didn't stop when I should have. I had elliptical machine hypnotism or something. Right now I feel as if I've been beaten with NERF bats. If I stay awake, it will be a miracle.

No comments: