Monday, August 16, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Good grief. I woke up with another case of pink eye and I am furious about it! Granted, being furious about getting an eye infection is not very productive, but it makes me feel better about the utter injustice of it! Yuck. Luckily, I knew what was going on this time, so I grabbed the very last of the bottle of eye drops that I saved from last time, put them in and waited an hour. My eye seemed to get a little better, but I wasn't taking any chances. I went back to the Doc-in-a-Box and got another prescription for the eye drops. I felt kind of bad going to the doc when my eye didn't seem that bad, but I couldn't face the idea of my eye being as bad as it was last time. *shudder* A nurse practitioner and a doctor came and checked me out, so I was well taken care of. The doctor told me to come back in 5 days or sooner if my eye got worse, but the N.P told me to come back on Thursday to be rechecked. I have no idea if I should go back or not. Who's directions should I follow? I'd rather not pay the co-pay again unless I have to, but... Any ideas?

2) I found a neato heath food store nearby. Well, actually I found it a while back, and I probably have already talked about it on this blog, but I've only recently been going back on a regular basis. When I went the other day, I briefly talked to the lady who runs the store and she gave me a promotional calender that she had gotten from one of her vendors. About 15 minutes later, she came around a corner and asked if I needed any help, but I declined. Right before I checked out, she looked at me and said "I thought I saw you come in here! I just didn't know where you went." Huh...O.K. I'm not so sure she knew I was the same person each time she saw me. Weirdness. The store sells a lot of unusual things, and I'm fairly sure Harry Potter could find all of his potion ingredients there. Need a bundle of sage to clean a negative room? You can find it there too. I'm guessing it's the local Wicca Superstore. I found a few interesting things to try, including a shake mix that is supposed to be good for you. I got a few different packets (different flavors) but so far I'm not impressed. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, either. It kind of tasted like it had chalk in it. It also had algae in it, so maybe I'm just mentally unprepared for drinking it in the first place. I'll let you know.

3) It finally rained in our neck of the woods, and our ornamental peach tree lost a big chunk during the high winds. Now it looks all lopsided. :( Our grass suddenly had a resurrection and now it's way too high. I need to mow it, I know, but it's just too hot and I'm procrastinating in hopes of a freak snowstorm that will just kill it all. What? It's not unheard of!

4) I'm working on a few new things, craft wise. I'm going to be putting a bigger variety of my things in the shop the lady at my church owns, so hopefully I'll be able to sell some more stuff! Fingers crossed!

No comments: