Thursday, January 06, 2011

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I did a weird thing yesterday. Weird even by my standards, and now I've begun questioning my own motives. After church last night, Mr. Lee, Steve and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. As we were waiting to be seated, a man came up to me and said he liked my hat. I was wearing the last hat I made, which was made up of scraps of different kinds of yarn that I had left over from my hat making adventure, so it was kind of crazy looking, but colorful. He asked if it was handmade, and I told him it was, and he said he liked it and that he collected hats. So I gave him mine. I didn't really think about it, but I told him I had lots of them (I do, of course) and that he could have it if he wanted. He was kind of flabbergasted, but he accepted the hat. He also gave me a hug and got my e-mail address. His name was Don. I have no idea why I gave him my hat! Maybe he only took it because he didn't want to hurt my feelings, or maybe he really liked it. I have no idea. It seemed like a natural thing to do at the time, but now it just seems...weird. I mean, if the man had been homeless and needed the thing, I'd almost understand it, but he wasn't. I'm not even sure why I feel so odd about it now, but I do. I guess I'm the Oprah of hats. "HAAAAAAAAAATS! YOU GET A HAT! YOU GET A HAT! YOU ALL GET HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!" Oh, well, I hope he enjoys the hat, and if nothing else, at least he'll have a story about the weird lady in Cracker Barrel that gave it to him.

2) Poor Steve. I've mentioned before that he had to get minor foot surgery before Christmas, and he's been doing well since it healed. He had an appointment yesterday for a checkup, thinking the doc was just going to look at it, but the doctor decided that he needed to poke it and stab it with stuff. He was limping kind of badly by the time he got home last night, but he was OK until the dog decided to stomp on his foot. Butler weighs about 80-85, possibly 90 pounds...so needless to say, Steve is home today with his foot up. Butler didn't even say he was sorry!

3) Speaking of limping guys, but not really, there was a guy at the sleep clinic last night that looked SO much like Hugh Laurie that I had to do a double take. He was much thinner than Dr. House, but he could have been his twin otherwise. I think he must know he looks like him too, because he had the same hair style and beard scruff as the actor. Had he actually been a doctor instead of a patient, it would have really been freaky.

4) OK, now that I know I stop breathing in the night, I know why I wake up in CrazyTown sometimes. Apparently, it's oxygen deprivation to my brain (which may explain a lot about me, actually.) I won't mind losing CrazyTown, even though I'll miss the stories. I have a concern, though. I'm worried that if I finally get the air I need while I'm sleeping, I'll quit dreaming. I don't know if dreaming (my kind of dreaming) has anything to do with lack of oxygen or not, though. I dream a lot and very vividly, and as much as I'd like to get a full night's sleep and be rested, I don't want to lose my dreams. :(

No comments: