Monday, January 31, 2011

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) OK, you know what? This crap is for the birds. I can't freaking breathe. I'm not talking about at night anymore, I mean I can't breathe during the day. I think that the night I was in the sleep clinic, they overinflated me or something. Yeah, I know that probably gives you mental images of me being floated down the street like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon, but something is definitely wrong. Ever since that first night, I feel like my chest is all stretched out, and that no matter how much I breathe in, I'm never getting enough air. I pant when I'm just trying to talk, and I can't sing or do anything very strenuous without feeling like I'm going to pass out. My chest feels like something is sitting on it. It may just be that my chest muscles are getting used in a different way and that is why I feel the way I do, but it's scary. You guys know how I am about thinking that I can't breathe! For all I know, it's all in my head. It goes in spells, so sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I can't even talk because I can't get enough air. Boo, stupid lungs.

2) I found out that the marketing department of the Sprocket (ptooey) got chopped during the recent restructuring of the departments. That's kind of crazy, isn't it? Who'd ever heard of a wholesale firing of an entire department? Luckily, the guys in Graphics got to keep their jobs, but geez, I feel terrible for the people who were let go. Well, I feel terrible for most of them. I only feel kind of bad for the lady who fired me. That's all she gets.

3) I should hear from the place where I had the job interview in the next couple of days. If I get the job, I hope it's a good place to work and that the people are nice to work with. It's always scary going to a new place, but it helps when the people around you are likable. They seemed nice the day I interviewed. We'll see!

4) I have found a yummy thing by complete accident! I bought a canister of McCann's Irish Oatmeal the other day, thinking is was just regular oatmeal. I opened it and saw that it was just chopped up oats instead of the flakes I'm used to. I had to go online to make sure I didn't get a defective batch, but apparently steel cut oats look like that. They take forever to cook, but oh my goodness, it is totally worth the wait! It doesn't make mushy oatmeal like I'm used to. It's like eating risotto. It's creamy and chewy and it's so very good!!!! Add a spoonful of Lyles Golden Syrup (all of these things are available at Publix, so pick some up the next time you go) and some chopped nuts and it is easily some of the best breakfast I've had in a very long time. It's also filling and does some nifty work toward lowering cholesterol. They also have a quick cooking kind, and there are shortcuts to making the stuff, but seriously...yum-0!

No comments: