Monday, February 07, 2011

JUST CHECKING IN

I'm bored. I have been on a doctor imposed semi-quarantine (meaning that I haven't been anywhere where I have to sit in a room with people I like for longer than a few minutes) and except for an occasional run to Publix or Target, I've been at home. I'm starting to climb the walls.

I went back to the doc-in-a-box for my check up on Saturday, and they kept skipping me! I was the 4th one on the list when the place opened, and somehow they skipped my name and called back about 10 people before the lady behind the counter realized it. Steve said she kept looking up at me, and then got a panicked look on her face when she realized I hadn't been called back. I wanted to say something, but I was afraid they would think I was just being "difficult." They copped to it, though, so I can't be too mad. At least they apologized. The doc said I still wasn't well enough to be around people I didn't want to spread germs to, so back to the house I went.

I've been on the mend, and I really, really appreciate everyone who has checked up on me to see how I was doing. :) I'm much better now that I can almost breathe, but I'll be very glad to get to the end of my medicines. They make me feel all floopy. Big time floopy. One set of pills had me tripping balls. I don't exactly know what they were for, but the side effects listed said it would "give me the feeling of whirling." That was the truth. Every time I took it, I'd have to lay down and it was just like when I was little and used to spin and spin and then lie down and it would feel like the room was spinning. It also kept me from sleeping at night, even though I was practically narcoleptic during the day. I'm done with those. I'm also still taking some kind of red cough medicine that makes my skin crawl, makes me hear high pitched sounds in my ears, it makes me feel drunk and it makes my heart speed up fast fast fast sometimes. If I fall asleep after taking it, I wake up feeling like my insides are vibrating. I look at my hands to see if I were really shaking, but I don't seem to be shaking on the outside. I hope that isn't a bad side effect I should be concerned about.

Anyways, not much of interest has gone on other than trying to get better and not drive under when I'm dizzy. Fun stuff. At least I'm getting better! Yay!

No comments: