RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING
1) We finally got new tires for Lois! I can't believe how much of a difference it has made in the ride! I honestly thought the car was falling apart not long ago, because it would shake so badly whenever I drove it, and when my car shakes, the convertible top rattles and the whole thing sounds like it's mere inches away from utter molecular dissolution! After the new tires were put on, we drove away from Sam's, and it was like a completely different vehicle. Now I don't feel as much like a dried pea rattling around in an empty tin can when I drive it anymore! Yay! If we could just get that leak over the window fixed, it would all be gravy. :)
2) Josh called me today from the Pacific Ocean. Literally, he was standing in the ocean when he called. I could hear it! He's in San Deigo for Jeoff's dad's wedding, and so he has access to the ocean and felt the need to call me and rub it in. That is what he said, exactly. FYI, Josh is dead to me now.
3) I went back and read some of my blog entries from several years ago, and I think I was funnier back then. Do you ever read stuff you wrote in the past and think: Huh...that doesn't even sound like me! I always feel like that when I find things I'd written in school, or old journals or whatever. Of course, I'm a totally different person than I used to be. A lot of the joy has gone out of life for me because of stuff that's happened over the past three or four years. I guess that's dumb, since I'm clearly luckier than most people, but still. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get that back one day, though. I hope so.
4) You'll never believe what I found in Madison! Bubble tea! I know, it's probably common wherever you live, but it isn't up here. I'd seriously been craving it since I got back from Colorado, and so I posed the question to the world at large, i.e. my Facebook friends, to see if anywhere in North Alabama sold it. Only one person answered me, and told me a smoothie place in Madison had it. I hauled my cookies all the way across town for the stuff, and luckily, I found it. I can't really explain why I like it as much as I do. I mean, it really is kind of like sucking frog eggs through a straw, but I'm hooked. It stinks that I'll have to burn so much gas to get it when the craving hits, but as long as I can control myself and only get it when the craving is really bad, it should be OK.
5) I'm attempting to make a pot roast that doesn't suck. Steve's grandma and my mom make delicious pot roast, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the hang of it! Both of them have told me what to do, but it dances just out of my grasp! Gah! It's infuriating, because it is such an easy thing to make (allegedly) but I always get it wrong. It always smells good, but unless I'm trying to make a pot roast air freshener, the smell isn't helping much. I'll let you know how it works out!
6) I melted my salt shaker! I forgot that my stove has a vent that helps regulate the temperature, and it happens to be where I'd put my salt shaker. Now it's ruined. I was able to save the salt, though! Silver linings, right? :) I'd probably feel less embarrassed about it if this wasn't the second shaker to be lost to the same cause. You'd think I'd remember something like that. Oy.