Monday, July 18, 2011

A QUICKIE

Steve and I got to go see Deathly Hallows Part 2 last night! 

It was an awesome end to the series, even if some of the scenes were out of order and sort of smushed together.  It had to be done that way, though, or the movie would have been 10 hours long.

Before going, I was reading about it online, and the writer said something about making sure you took along your hanky.  I was all  *snort* "He cried?  Good Lord.  It's Harry Potter for Pete's sake!  It isn't like he didn't know what was going to happen." */snort*

Of course, (Spoilers if you've never read the book.  Why haven't you read the book?) By the time the scene with Snape and Lily was even halfway over, pretty much onward into the whole Forbidden Forest scene, I was a snotty, teary mess.  I totally spotted up my 3D glasses and almost missed THE pivotal scene in the movie because I was madly trying to clean them off.  Oh, Alan Rickman... you creepy, beautiful bastard.

Before we left for the theater, I jokingly posted a question on Facebook asking if I should wear my cloak, or just take my wand.  It didn't dawn on my until I was at the theater that most of my Facebook friends probably thought I was serious.  Please, I'd never take a wand to a movie!

As for the cloak, it's made of velvet and much to hot for summer wear.  :)

Great Movie.  

No comments: